Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OME HD coils and Bilstein 5100's

Old 02-24-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiburon
You'll be fine with the OME's and no spacers. Also good with the shock extension, although your ride won't be as good as with aftermarket shocks. OME shocks are tuned specifically for their springs,
So you are sitting pretty level with winch/bumper and the OME's, just curious whats your measurements at the rock rail ends? You're running OME HD setup front and rear, correct? Can you give a side view pic ?

Last edited by vulcan classic; 02-24-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vulcan classic
So you are sitting pretty level with winch/bumper and the OME's, just curious whats your measurements at the rock rail ends? You're running OME HD setup front and rear, correct? Can you give a side view pic ?
Yep, OME HD all around and she's level. I'll measure tomorrow and post. Don't have any real side shots, I'll see if I take one tomorrow.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

The search function is your friend I highly recommend using it to research A LOT, I did a lot of research before I got my OME HD lift and I love it
Old 02-25-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by vulcan classic
Not the best pic, but here is a side shot. I have 20" from the ground to bottom of front of Rubi rail, 20.5" from the ground to rear of Rubi rail. 18" from the ground to bottom of front of ACE Rock Rail, 18.5" from the ground to rear of ACE Rock Raill. OME HD springs all around and OME shocks. I am carrying a lot of weight, dual batteries, steel bumpers( front and back, winch, steel winch line, ACE Rock Rails, Rubi Rails, Oversized spare on steel spare tire carrier, AEV hood, ARB oba compressor, evap canister skid, Hi-lift Jack and a few other doodads. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Tiburon; 02-25-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

That OMEs are known for a more compliant ride. They are rated at lower pounds per inch than Teraflex, or Rock Krawler. These are the other two lifts I was looking at. The RKs were in the range of 200lbs/inch and the TF were lower. The OME were lower still. This means that the OME lifts are more 'softer' than the other TF. I went with the OME shocks and the OME coils and I like the ride. You get used to it after a while. Feeling tippy is way better that having a jarring ride, in my opinion. I have full steel bumpers, a rear carrier with 2 jerry cans, and a Hi-lift jack. I also added a winch to the front ARB bumper. I can tell you the ride is more controlled with all the weight added because the HD coils are rated to carry the extra weight. I had to buy the front LCAs because of the flighty steering, but that was an easy fix. Give them a few weeks to get used to
Old 02-27-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by b5rider
That OMEs are known for a more compliant ride. They are rated at lower pounds per inch than Teraflex, or Rock Krawler. These are the other two lifts I was looking at. The RKs were in the range of 200lbs/inch and the TF were lower. The OME were lower still. This means that the OME lifts are more 'softer' than the other TF. I went with the OME shocks and the OME coils and I like the ride. You get used to it after a while. Feeling tippy is way better that having a jarring ride, in my opinion. I have full steel bumpers, a rear carrier with 2 jerry cans, and a Hi-lift jack. I also added a winch to the front ARB bumper. I can tell you the ride is more controlled with all the weight added because the HD coils are rated to carry the extra weight. I had to buy the front LCAs because of the flighty steering, but that was an easy fix. Give them a few weeks to get used to
Thanks for the useful input. I appreciate it. I decided after driving around for a few days with the HD coils to call David at Northridge and tell him my story. He gave me a great deal on the standard OME coils. When I get them I'll swap em out and put the HD coils up for sale on here.
Seems I should have better researched my selection on the forum first. Lesson learned.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 AM
JK Freak

Ordered a set of HD's front and rear from Northridge...I'll post up after install likely next weekend; now I'll have to address the possible drive-line issues on my 2012 2DR after the lift!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Just installed OME medium springs (from Northridge of course!) in a 2door 2012 JK, lifted her 4" in front and 3.5" out back.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LOST
Just installed OME medium springs (from Northridge of course!) in a 2door 2012 JK, lifted her 4" in front and 3.5" out back.
Which springs, your sig says the HD's? Pics?
Old 03-17-2012, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default Decided to stick with the HD coils

So ive decided to stick with the HD coils. I was suprised with the 4 inches of lift i gained at first, I had expected 2.5. I need to get my Jeep on flat ground and measure it again because it has either settled about an inch, or the shock wore of and I have grown to like it!

Quick Reply: OME HD coils and Bilstein 5100's