Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME...Performance/Actual lift height?

Old 01-23-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's one sweet looking Jeep. Looks like the OME kit flexes pretty well too!

Anyone else?
Old 01-23-2008, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Actual Lift Height for '08 Unl Rubicon 3 3/4" front, 2 3/8" rear. That is using the HD springs. You also definitely want 35"s with the OME.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

How well does this kit flex compared to say the FT ultimate lifts....i still have yet to see what it can do?? i wonder what it will pull on the RTI ramp
Old 01-24-2008, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK Gator
Actual Lift Height for '08 Unl Rubicon 3 3/4" front, 2 3/8" rear. That is using the HD springs. You also definitely want 35"s with the OME.
Have you measured lately? It seems that the springs are "settling" in after a bit of use/time. Since I have a 2dr 3 3/4" is WAAAY too much for me to be comfortable with wear and tear on the drive line.

THis is why I started this thread. It seems the OME ACTUAL lift heights are varying by up 1 1/4"

Anymore input guys? I would hate to install this kit just to have to uninstall it because of TOO much lift. I don't want 35's even though they look cool.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

The lack of replys to this thread have me second guessing this kit.

I may end up just waiting to see what problems, if any transpire from the OME set up and keep what I got for now.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seal20
Have you measured lately? It seems that the springs are "settling" in after a bit of use/time. Since I have a 2dr 3 3/4" is WAAAY too much for me to be comfortable with wear and tear on the drive line.

THis is why I started this thread. It seems the OME ACTUAL lift heights are varying by up 1 1/4"

Anymore input guys? I would hate to install this kit just to have to uninstall it because of TOO much lift. I don't want 35's even though they look cool.
The lack of replys to this thread have me second guessing this kit.

I may end up just waiting to see what problems, if any transpire from the OME set up and keep what I got for now.
OME has been ideal for me. I am waiting for lift to settle (I got a hair over 3" on front and rear for lift when first installed) before I decide on tire size. Right now... I am looking at 34" or 35" only with 1" body lift. Stock Rubi tires (31.5") look at bit undersized for now... but, nothing embarrassing or silly looking. I agree with postings above... put lift on and let it settle through a season or so of off roading. The lack of replies certainly isn't due to lack of interest or enthusiasm for the suspension lift from member's... it is a popular SL. Probably biggest complaints you'll read here are "cost per inch gain" of lift (very high compared to Budget Boost and fact that it isn't a "guarantee" fitment for 35's without other concerns.

If you haven't already search for OME* or something similiar and you will find plenty of folks with 35's on OME lift. I don't know how the combination is working after a few months of settling on coils. I went with 330 lbs constant load coils on front and rear; but, I am 4dr and tend to carry passengers/equipment when I am off road. You may want to call one of the vendors here or a local shop and inquire about the light-duty coils. They will probably net less lift initially.

Best of luck and keep looking around. I feel it is a great set-up for me. It gives me everything I am looking for without too much lift.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... ...
Old 01-25-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rdrubi
OME has been ideal for me. I am waiting for lift to settle (I got a hair over 3" on front and rear for lift when first installed) before I decide on tire size. Right now... I am looking at 34" or 35" only with 1" body lift. Stock Rubi tires (31.5") look at bit undersized for now... but, nothing embarrassing or silly looking. I agree with postings above... put lift on and let it settle through a season or so of off roading. The lack of replies certainly isn't due to lack of interest or enthusiasm for the suspension lift from member's... it is a popular SL. Probably biggest complaints you'll read here are "cost per inch gain" of lift (very high compared to Budget Boost and fact that it isn't a "guarantee" fitment for 35's without other concerns.

If you haven't already search for OME* or something similiar and you will find plenty of folks with 35's on OME lift. I don't know how the combination is working after a few months of settling on coils. I went with 330 lbs constant load coils on front and rear; but, I am 4dr and tend to carry passengers/equipment when I am off road. You may want to call one of the vendors here or a local shop and inquire about the light-duty coils. They will probably net less lift initially.

Best of luck and keep looking around. I feel it is a great set-up for me. It gives me everything I am looking for without too much lift.
Thanks for the reply. Belive me I have searched. There was a TON of anticipation for this kit while everyone was waiting for it to come out....then it did and there was some parking lot pics in the show & tell section but not very many comments on the off-road performance. From one of the earlier posts it looks like it flexes well! Again, I am NOT planning to run a 35" tire any time soon so my concern is how it will turn out with the stock 32" bangers.

Also, it seems the kit is more often than not netting over 3". If that's the case I would much rather just invest in a more complete kit like FT or Black Diamond for a couple bucks more.

I think looking into the "medium" duty rear springs might be the way to go if I still end up with OME. I definitely need HD up front with all the added weight.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply. Belive me I have searched. There was a TON of anticipation for this kit while everyone was waiting for it to come out....then it did and there was some parking lot pics in the show & tell section but not very many comments on the off-road performance. From one of the earlier posts it looks like it flexes well! Again, I am NOT planning to run a 35" tire any time soon so my concern is how it will turn out with the stock 32" bangers.

Also, it seems the kit is more often than not netting over 3". If that's the case I would much rather just invest in a more complete kit like FT or Black Diamond for a couple bucks more.

I think looking into the "medium" duty rear springs might be the way to go if I still end up with OME. I definitely need HD up front with all the added weight.
Dave at northridge was saying that with the OME, you shouldn't have any concerns with the slightly higher lift. He thinks 3" and below, and you should be fine, so I'm sure getting the OME wont be an issue, assuming it does eventually settle.

I've also been looking at the OME, along with the TF budget boost. Every week I'm leaning in a new direction, but I've heard great things about OME's ride quality, so it may be worth it for me.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

I will be putting my OME lift on this weekend, and taking a ton of before/after pics with a full write up on Monday, Of course I have a 4 door so my experience may be different than yours but it should give you some idea.. Stay tuned..

Just for the record I have the following to install this weekend:

OME HD F/R Springs
OME Shocks
FT F/R Trackbars
JKS Discos
AEV Pintler Beadlocks in Argent
Mickey Thompson ATZ 35x12.5x17 tires..

Quick Reply: OME...Performance/Actual lift height?