Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering lift in about an hour need some help

Old 01-03-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering lift in about an hour need some help

Okay,

I am about to order either the TERAFLEX 3" or the FULL TRACTION 3", I'll tell you guys that I have the 2x4 Sahara Unlimited that's my daily driver (and wife's). We do drive significantly on the highway and go camping, fishing, etc..., So, my questions to everyone is which lift has minimum sagging over time, have the best possible ride quality, and will be less troublesome in the future? Also, I noticed the FULL TRACTION premium lift comes with lower control arms, how necassery are controls arms for a guy who really doesn't climb stuff or go in the mud? Anyways guys, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-03-2007, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it is a daily driver and you are not wheeling, why lift it at all? i would just go w/ some spacers. I do allot of highway and am trying to decide as well, thinking right now at 3/4" spacers and 33"s as daily driver and allot of highway. so many decisions...
Old 01-03-2007, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

I want to get at least 3" to run some 35's and have it look clean, without having the tires fill up the wheel well. You ever heard of folks having alignment problems or ESP issues with the economy lift?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

no, i have not heard of any issues with allignment or ESP with an econo lift. I had spacers in my old XJ as i did allot of highway and did not want to go to a 3" and kill my gas mileage, no issues at all.

i would go with a 3" and 35"'s as well but since daily driver and i drive allot of highway this is too much in my opinion, definaltey looks sweet though! if you don't care about gas mileage and your wife does not mind the climb, this is the way to go.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The spacer kit as of now will not fit the 2 wheel drive but FT 3" economy kit will fit great.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to call me.

Thanks
David
Old 01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Instead of getting a lift, because you have a 2x4, and you are not doing any 4x4ing(Obviously lol)
Just trim the Air dam and put some 33" tires on it.

Since its your Daily Driver, Screw getting a lift at all, because you will sacrifice Fuel Economy and performance for no relative reason, except for looks...
Old 01-03-2007, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

How much on avg does mpg decrease with the 3" onn 33" or 35" tires???
Old 01-03-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FRDesign
Instead of getting a lift, because you have a 2x4, and you are not doing any 4x4ing(Obviously lol)
Just trim the Air dam and put some 33" tires on it.

Since its your Daily Driver, Screw getting a lift at all, because you will sacrifice Fuel Economy and performance for no relative reason, except for looks...
I would agree... the 35's on an unlimited look great with the longer wheel base, but if your doing a bunch of traveling... 33's.

Last edited by TexasChopper; 01-04-2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Last question, should/would I really need the 3" premium suspension or the 3" econo lift, given I do have the unlimited 2x4 and pretty much will be driving on the highway? What do the new control arms allow you to acheive?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

why is the pinion angle not really a factor in the 4dr? I hate to sound like a newb, but as you can tell i am a little slow on the draw.

Quick Reply: Ordering lift in about an hour need some help