Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Plug and Play Remote Starter $100 on ebay

Old 01-29-2014, 11:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rayjj
Mine shipped out today! I have been emailing back and forth with the Amazon seller, he said they have in the works a version for manual vehicles, but no timeframe right now. Would be cool for a plug and play version for you manual guys.
That would be sick. Just wondering what the combination would be to activate it.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
That would be sick. Just wondering what the combination would be to activate it.
Got to be some sort of interrupt on the clutch safety switch. I know people that have done it to vehicles with a manual tranny, but you probably wont find any shop to do it for safety or insurance reasons.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rayjj
Got to be some sort of interrupt on the clutch safety switch. I know people that have done it to vehicles with a manual tranny, but you probably wont find any shop to do it for safety or insurance reasons.
Actually just bout all of them do it now. Least down here. The big manufacturers have actually made their kits compatible in manuals. There is a sequence you have to do everytime you get out if the car to activate the remote start feature. If you don't then it doesn't work. Not sure what the sequences are. But bestbuy sales the viper kits and installs them in manuals all the time. Car idiot shop I used to work at does it also.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Man I'd really like to order one of these but $100 vs $495 from the factory seems too good to be true. I'm hoping it works out for you guys that have ordered them.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BlueCopper
Man I'd really like to order one of these but $100 vs $495 from the factory seems too good to be true. I'm hoping it works out for you guys that have ordered them.
Factory will be a different model brand etc and everything from the factory is overpriced. Including the jeep itself
Old 01-29-2014, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlueCopper
its not too good to be true, its just a good deal. But if you feel like paying 500% more for the same exact feature then feel free!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

It looks like the seller is no longer on eBay. I wonder what happened?
Old 01-30-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just got off the phone with them. They stated they had no idea that their listings have been removed from eBay. They said they would call me back and let me know what is going on.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Like I said before ! Works great and easy install . I have this in my 2014
Old 01-30-2014, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Wonder how one would go about this with manual locks. any ideas?

Quick Reply: Plug and Play Remote Starter $100 on ebay