Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Plug and Play Remote Starter $100 on ebay

Old 02-06-2014, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kentgu3
I'm doing everything it says to do, even watch the YouTube video on it and when I get to the part with the flashing blue light, it won't flash it just stays on. Any help?
Nevermind, it was that stupid yellow wire that had to be spliced. After I did that it works great now.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks rayjj that's exactly what it was
Old 02-06-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm still waiting for my kit to be delivered from amazon and they've been amazingly slow for some reason. Can someone post a picture of the spliced yellow wires if they get a chance. I'm sure it will make sense once I have the kit in my hands, but I just wanted to make sure I don't mess anything up once it comes.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by petenice15
I'm still waiting for my kit to be delivered from amazon and they've been amazingly slow for some reason. Can someone post a picture of the spliced yellow wires if they get a chance. I'm sure it will make sense once I have the kit in my hands, but I just wanted to make sure I don't mess anything up once it comes.
My dash is all back together. It would be really hard to mess it up. Look for the 20 pin connector, which is white, and the 2 pin connector (also white) with the yellow and purple wires and just splice those 2 yellow wires together. The 20 pin connector is not part of the T harness. None of the other wires in that harness get connected to anything. The only thing you may have to do, if you have a factory alarm, is to ground that one wire (purple w/white stripe) during the install, as has been posted before. That 20 pin harness looks like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	evochrt5.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	529129

Easy peasy!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered mine.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Ordered mine on Amazon, should be delivered tomorrow or Monday. Hopefully tomorrow!!

Also I am a newb here but really like it compared to some of the other forums I have checked out.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by petenice15
They sure are...ordered mine on the 3rd, it shipped the 5th, but I supposedly won't get it till the 13th.

Here's what car alarms sent me when I asked about the hook up, EVO-ALL & THAR-CHR5 (T-Harness) if you read through it, it shows the connections highlighted in yellow.

Also, at the end in step 7 (the shaded gray area) it points out grounding the wire for the factory alarm. The way it reads it seems as though you could do 1 of 3 things, use your unlock button, ground out the wire or use the flashlink.
Someone said that the unlock button had no effect.

Many thanks to the OP and whom ever found it on amazon.

Originally Posted by Jeep Jedi
Ordered mine on Amazon, should be delivered tomorrow or Monday. Hopefully tomorrow!!

Also I am a newb here but really like it compared to some of the other forums I have checked out.
Welcome to the forum
Old 02-06-2014, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Woodbutcher
They sure are...ordered mine on the 3rd, it shipped the 5th, but I supposedly won't get it till the 13th.

Here's what car alarms sent me when I asked about the hook up, EVO-ALL & THAR-CHR5 (T-Harness) if you read through it, it shows the connections highlighted in yellow.

Also, at the end in step 7 (the shaded gray area) it points out grounding the wire for the factory alarm. The way it reads it seems as though you could do 1 of 3 things, use your unlock button, ground out the wire or use the flashlink.
Someone said that the unlock button had no effect.

Many thanks to the OP and whom ever found it on amazon.

Welcome to the forum
Yes only the grouding of that wire works unless you have the flashlink, which you really have no need to buy if you get a pre-programmed one. Funny my manual didnt list anything about the wire groudning, only showed the other 2 options. Must be an older manual. At least the module had a sticker that had a 12/13 date so it must be current. With all the winter storms of late I could see that delaying delivery potentially. I know they ship from CA, and I am in NY, so took a little time for me. I know earlier today they only had 1 listed as being in stock. The other seller lists them in stock, but apparently they are the ones that dont program them.

Last edited by rayjj; 02-06-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks to BK and ray for their trouble shooting on the install. Mine came in today and using the work you guys posted, I had it in and working in about 15 minutes.

Spliced the yellows and trimmed the hell out of the rest of the unused stuff. You can also see I left the purple/white long for grounding purposes. Thanks again!

Old 02-07-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KevinMac
Thanks to BK and ray for their trouble shooting on the install. Mine came in today and using the work you guys posted, I had it in and working in about 15 minutes.

Spliced the yellows and trimmed the hell out of the rest of the unused stuff. You can also see I left the purple/white long for grounding purposes. Thanks again!

Nice work! The only thing I find a bit quirky is that whenever I use the remote starter to start the Jeep, it no longers turns the headlights on when I exit the Jeep and lock it as it used to do normally. But, if I don't use the remote starter, the Jeep functions normally upon exiting the vehicle and locking the doors (lights stay on for 30 seconds). But, that's no big deal to me.

I'm such a nerd that I sometimes wait for my wife to come home and then start the Jeep as she's walking by it in the driveway. What a moron, I am!

Quick Reply: Plug and Play Remote Starter $100 on ebay