Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PRESS RELEASE w/VIDEO: Off Road Evolution JK Custom Valved King Shocks

Old 06-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fully adjustable ride height a previously mentioned valving in some cases you can also adjust the dampening. Ride height can be adjusted with a couple special wrenches. Valving can be adjusted as Mel described in the video. Not to mention they're bad ass!

Last edited by serveapurpose; 06-03-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by evolution
GREAT Question

Instead of me writing a long list of benefits and reasons, seeming to ramble on...

There are 4 major advantages to running a coilover among others that are not specifically related to coilovers but are with premium shocks. I will ship a FREE T-shirt to the first 4 people that correctly and fully answer:

Beside the benefit listed in the quote above: Give ONE benefit of installing a coilover on your vehicle as opposed to a conventional spring and shock and specifically why and how a coilover gives this benefit.

Mel Wade
The lowest CG possible by placing the coilover at the height possible mounting point with no modification to the Body/Engine bay
*Ideal coilover tuning/valving to insure the best ride possible with the ability to rebuild to alternative liking
*Proper dual rate spring rates and coil timing to insure an improved ride on road and offroad
*Adjustable ride height

Don't you love copy/paste

BTW, I had already ordered a T-shirt today. Told Lisa I use a size small.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Superior vehicle control, even at a crawl
Increased Suspension Travel
Axle wrap eliminated
Fine tuning ability
Superior strength by design and components
Improved ride characteristics
Front axle moves forward during compression for better tire to firewall clearance
Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to know the difference or advantages between the 2 kits BOLT ON or EVO Coilover kit which requires welding and grinding.

Which one I should go for? Is there any price difference or pros or cons between the bolt on or evo kit?
Old 06-03-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Zak
I need to know the difference or advantages between the 2 kits BOLT ON or EVO Coilover kit which requires welding and grinding.

Which one I should go for? Is there any price difference or pros or cons between the bolt on or evo kit?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...38#post1159338

Post #7
Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cause they look badass, and give you a superior ride and offroad functionality. Great product, was kinda wondering when yall were gonna come out with a bolt-on coilover
Old 06-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

GREAT Question

Instead of me writing a long list of benefits and reasons, seeming to ramble on...

There are 4 major advantages to running a coilover among others that are not specifically related to coilovers but are with premium shocks. I will ship a FREE T-shirt to the first 4 people that correctly and fully answer:

Beside the benefit listed in the quote above: Give ONE benefit of installing a coilover on your vehicle as opposed to a conventional spring and shock and specifically why and how a coilover gives this benefit.

Mel Wade

Great answers.

WINNER
serveapurpose

Fully adjustable ride height a previously mentioned valving in some cases you can also adjust the dampening. Ride height can be adjusted with a couple special wrenches. Valving can be adjusted as Mel described in the video.
Not to mention they're bad ass!

winner
jayrav
The lowest CG possible by placing the coilover at the height possible mounting point with no modification to the Body/Engine bay
*Ideal coilover tuning/valving to insure the best ride possible with the ability to rebuild to alternative liking
*Proper dual rate spring rates and coil timing to insure an improved ride on road and offroad
*Adjustable ride height

Winner
Ryanc

Superior vehicle control, even at a crawl
Increased Suspension Travel
Axle wrap eliminated
Fine tuning ability
Superior strength by design and components
Improved ride characteristics
Front axle moves forward during compression for better tire to firewall clearance

eMETALl
Winner

the bolt on are just EVO Spec King shocks made to replace your current shocks you are running.
the EVO coilover is a whole new beast and offers a wide range of adjustability as mentioned in the above posts. made to fully replace your coils and shocks.
check out their website as Mel and his team do a phenomenal job with product descriptions .... www.offroadevolution.com you will also see the price difference.

mkjeep
Winner
Cause they look badass, and give you a superior ride and offroad functionality. Great product

Thanks for all the great answers
Please PM me with your address and Shirt size.

Mel
Old 06-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Daryl Meece
Hey Mel for those of us that have already bought your coilovers can you hook us up with the new valving???
If the Coil over shocks were Bought Though Off Road Evolution You Have Our proprietary Valving.

This is one of our deal with King and why we now Have OFF ROAD EVOLUTION Branded on the shock This ensures the customer that these shock have been tested and proven to be the best set up for your JK

Give me a call if you have any Questions

Mel
Old 06-04-2009, 02:48 AM
JK Jedi

Another plus, the coils can't fall out, which has been known to happen on rigs with mega flex and traditional coil/shock setups.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

If the Coil over shocks were Bought Though Off Road Evolution You Have Our proprietary Valving.

This is one of our deal with King and why we now Have OFF ROAD EVOLUTION Branded on the shock This ensures the customer that these shock have been tested and proven to be the best set up for your JK

Give me a call if you have any Questions

Mel
Ok great...Thank You

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE w/VIDEO: Off Road Evolution JK Custom Valved King Shocks