Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

pulled over for no doors. Can you recommend good tube doors.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picture please

Originally Posted by JPop
Warning!

The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or protect against injury during an accident.

Wear seat belts at all times!
Could someone please take a picture and post it. I would like to print it out and keep it in the glove box.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

dude, i recommend you move to quebec. i drive by cops all the time with my doors off and they say nothing. some of them even smirk at me if we make eye contact
Old 08-29-2010, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NebRedrocker
Sorry but this struck me funny, do you not have a jeep and a camera?
Yes but I don't have a soft top. If it's on the hard top too then that sticker has long since gone.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I get that it's more of a safety issue, but it's still rediculous..
Old 08-29-2010, 10:43 PM
JK Newbie

I got a friend who is a cop and he drives a jeep topless and door less around here the only thing the care about is probably the mirrors and even that seems to be a non issue most of the time. I have yet to take my doors off but in time i will
Old 08-30-2010, 04:29 AM
JK Newbie

Here is the only mention in the Owners Manual.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep doors..jpg
Views:	141
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	84834  
Old 08-30-2010, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ive never been pulled over in all the years ive owned jeeps in ohio for going doorless or mirrorless..

I have forgotten to put my quickMirror on a few times and never had a cop pull me over...

ive driven my jeep plenty of times to the dance clubs late at night to go dancing.. usually thats where cops like to pull anyone over for anything just to see if they might be able to write a DUI...

ohio law only talks of having 1 exterior mirror.. so technically i could get pulled over for that if I forget to put it on
-Christopher
Old 08-30-2010, 10:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Well I cancelled my order for the Rancho Tube doors. They are nice looking tube doors but I had a nice long conversation with a police officer today and he said that he would still pull me over with tube doors.

So I figure what's the point. I'll just drive around doorless. Chances are I'll just get a warning the next time too.

I may get the element doors with the painted door enclosures next year. I doubt people ever get pulled over with those. They look stock.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats BS !

I would get a copy of the statute from your states DMV/DOT website and make sure that cop knows what he is doing.

In WI, you can have no doors, but must have side mirror, seatbelts, and not have your leg hanging outside the Jeep.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default I got nosey....

and pulled it up here at work on the Internet....
they have the mirror rule (must have one) the seatbelt rule, AND the door rule....
http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bcl...eside/26_58_00
Door, body, hood

11 The vehicle shall comply with section 19.02 of the regulations with regard to size and dimension.

Doors — Doors shall be installed in a vehicle where the vehicle was manufactured with doors.

The doors with which a vehicle is equipped shall be in good working order, and any hinge, latch or handle must not be broken, missing or inoperable.

The doors shall not be warped, twisted or weakened to the extent that a slight jar will open them.

A door shall be capable of being opened or closed with normal effort.

wow...that bites..now I got to look up Texas rules. I guess, with the amount of JEEPS of all types without doors, the traffic cops and troopers here worry about bigger things...sorry dude, that sucks...

Quick Reply: pulled over for no doors. Can you recommend good tube doors.