Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Purchasing JK . . . Need Advice on Teraflex Leveling Kit

Old 12-12-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whoops, yeah, coils and shocks. that's what i get for trying to help out huh? more confusion. sorry bout that. it was late when I typed that, too tired to be doing be doing anything other than sleeping.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dxu
If changing X springs/shocks out for Rubi, wouldn't that also raise the Jeep by another inch. So that, plus TF level kit which is about 2 in comes out to be 3 in when all is said and done. Wouldn't you need to replace arms and track bars, etc.
no. at least we didnt have to. if you dont want the height, just get the rubicon shocks to compensate for the added travel.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

sorry for the bad quality.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:23 PM
dxu
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me thank you all for you being so patient. I can tell you definitely want another wrangler out there and I am excited for myself. I know this sounds funny but I am planning on getting silver so I can put Jurassic Park logo decals on my door. The movie (all time fav) got me into wranglers.

So I am going to ask a fairly open ended question and I know you guys won't steer me wrong.

Jeep with auto tranny, soft top, and S package. Light off-road, lots of pavement.

List of Mods
TF Lift Kit
Rubi Shocks/Coils
Wheel Spacers (if you say to get them)

Is there anything else suspension wise outside of these two things to get?

Also, are 17 in alloys that come on the X with S package good or should I upgrade?
Tire recommendation based on the mods and purpose I want?

Thank you all again so much.

DU
Old 12-12-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Check this out, TF Leveling Kit, 4dr Rubicon Shocks, 17" Black Rock Wheels, 33" (285/70/17) BFG KM2's, and now I have some 1.5 Spacers and Src Rocker Guards on it too, need some new pics. Hopefully Santa doesn't forget my TF 2.5 Coil Lift for Christmas though .

Old 12-12-2009, 08:24 PM
dxu
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jason0341
Check this out, TF Leveling Kit, 4dr Rubicon Shocks, 17" Black Rock Wheels, 33" (285/70/17) BFG KM2's, and now I have some 1.5 Spacers and Src Rocker Guards on it too, need some new pics. Hopefully Santa doesn't forget my TF 2.5 Coil Lift for Christmas though .

That is almost identical to what I want to do with my soon-to-be-purchased jeep. Regarding the spacers, have they improved the stance and clearance for you a good bit?
Old 12-12-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Yep, I think it looks better now with the spacers on. Nice wider stance, plus it throws more crap all around now!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my TF leveling kit thrown on in about 2 hours today. Man what a difference! I love the way it looks. Very easy install too. Great product guys..
Before:

After:
Old 12-15-2009, 06:28 PM
dxu
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bennyhana
Got my TF leveling kit thrown on in about 2 hours today. Man what a difference! I love the way it looks. Very easy install too. Great product guys..
Before:

After:
Looks great. Any plans with tires/wheels/shocks/etc
Old 12-16-2009, 09:28 AM
dxu
JK Newbie

After much research here on the forums, thoughts, and finding out I have amazing off-road opportunities in my neck of the woods (SW PA), I may do what all of you say and "do it right the first time" as I think I will like to do more moderate off-roading sans rock crawling unless necessary and even then mild. But this will still be my DD with 65 - 75 mph speeds. Can't break the damn thing, lol. Also I decided on an automatic due to some heavy traffic in the area at times. That is unless I get a good deal on a 6 speed.

So I am thinking of a 2.5 TF coil lift w/ shocks or OME Lift Kit w/ shocks and HD springs.

I plan on adding a few things to the Jeep. Regarding suspension lift and components, I have a ~$1000 limit. Based on these two setups, would I need anything additional to help find a nice balance between the being a DD and weekend warrior with lots of hills and mud? I'm wondering things like control arms, track bars, etc. I am sorry I am so new to these things and don't always understand what they are for or why I need them.

My plans of now, minus the lift set-up recommended, in no order include:
Regear to 5.XX
Bumper with bull guard and winch and aux light mounts
KC lights
Unknown winch
33-35 AT on 16 or 17 alloy. 10.5 wide with 4.5 BS
Rear bumper
Flashpaq
Seat covers
Grab handles
K&N air and oil filters
Factory half-doors
Cruise control (factory or add-on)
Stock soft-top
Wheel spacers (maybe for more aggressive stance unless tires are wide enough for that)
First aid kit and fire ext. (professional paramedic so safety first with a "special" first aid kit, lol)
Tools and jack
Quadratec floor mats
Mud flaps, front and back (love the look but maybe not needed if I do want to get dirty, ha)
Light guards all around by Rugged Ridge
Rock guards/sliders
Tow straps
Snorkel (lots of mud/water up here)
Skid plates
Mirror relocation
Spare tire cover
Door entry guards
Cab cover

This is definitely going to be a work in progress but I plan on having this Jeep for at least 5 yrs. Lots of time for fun!

Thanks again everyone,
DU

Quick Reply: Purchasing JK . . . Need Advice on Teraflex Leveling Kit