Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quadratec Really? Drive Shafted

Old 09-24-2016, 11:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Quadratec Really? Drive Shafted

So I ordered a new Tom Woods Rear driveshaft from Quadratec since I just had a New 44 Installed after spinning my tubes on a trail.

First issue was the box came all torn up like it was ran over by a truck, so no problem stuff get banged up in shipping no problem. We set it aside because we still had to put the axle shafts in and setup the R&P.

Well we finally got to the end where we were going to install the Rear Driveshaft and the thing was over twice the size needed!!! It was 49" long and I only needed 24". There was no mounting hardware to be found inside must have fell out.

Well I called Quadratec got someone on the phone to try and help me and he told me it was the right one but it was extended and it needed to collapsed.

I told him there was no way this was the right one. This thing looks like it should be on a F150 truck or something. He told me he was going to contact Tom Woods.

That was on Friday so hopefully I hear back from them on Monday. Its just really frustrating because it was not done and I had to drive the Jeep 90 miles in 4WH home because my friend who was setting up the axle R&P was going out of town next week and I wanted the Jeep Back. Plus putting in a DS is easy I just needed help with the R&P Backlash etc...

Here are the pictures tell me in what world would this ever fit on the Rear of a JK?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Invoice.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	977.0 KB
ID:	657352   Click image for larger version

Name:	LengthClose.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	657353   Click image for larger version

Name:	Length.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	657354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shaft.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	657355  
Old 09-24-2016, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sucks when the wrong item shows up, has happened to me before. I do however always check my packages immediately when I notice any signs of shipping damage to the box as you never know what you could be missing.

Can't you pull the rear flange from the old 44 and run your OEM driveshaft for now?
Old 09-24-2016, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks JKU sized.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
Sucks when the wrong item shows up, has happened to me before. I do however always check my packages immediately when I notice any signs of shipping damage to the box as you never know what you could be missing.

Can't you pull the rear flange from the old 44 and run your OEM driveshaft for now?
That would have been an a good option if the OEM DS was not broke. But to my surprise it Ran 65 MPH on the highway with just the front wheels just fine. In town turning is where you could tell the handling was off. It would bark the tires turning or if you accelerated too fast going straight off from a light. But besides that it drives. Would I recommend it for more than a week probably not.

Worst part is right on the invoice it says in caps

"PLEASE INSERT A QUADRATEC STICKER WITH THIS ORDER."

So I didn't even get my sticker lol..... :(

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 09-27-2016 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-24-2016, 03:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right, as it seems.

I have an Adams rear shaft and no way it's 4' long.

2 dr jk
Old 09-24-2016, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any reason you didn't just order direct from Tom Wood?
Old 09-25-2016, 05:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks. I agree it looks like you got a JKU driveshaft. I killed my factory rear driveshaft on a wheeling trip a week before we were supposed to do a family vacation 4 hours away and couldn't get a new one before I left. I made the trip in front wheel drive 80-90 on the turnpike and then drove a few more weeks around town like that until I could install the new rear shaft. No issues at all expect for some weird handling, torque steer and chirping the tires in sharp turns. I call it rolling ricer style, lol
Old 09-26-2016, 05:50 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Hey there,

Very sorry to see this! Please PM me your order # and the part number physically on the box. I will pick this up and get the right one out to you ASAP as well as a sticker!

Thanks!

-Rick

Last edited by quadratec; 09-26-2016 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tcdawg
Any reason you didn't just order direct from Tom Wood?
I'v always had a good experience with Quadratec so I really did not think anything of it. Plus they have a warehouse close to me so it gets here faster.

Rick I sent you a PM with the Details

Thanks again!!
Old 09-28-2016, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I'v always had a good experience with Quadratec so I really did not think anything of it. Plus they have a warehouse close to me so it gets here faster.

Rick I sent you a PM with the Details

Thanks again!!
In the future, it's kind to give them the opportunity to resolve the issue before coming to the forums to roast them. There's very few vendors that will leave you hanging in this particular situation and honestly blasting them here wasn't needed 2 days after bringing it to their attention. You didn't get shafted..

Quick Reply: Quadratec Really? Drive Shafted