Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removing the two catalysts converters under the JK

Old 04-12-2019, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did. And o2 sensors. For some reason the code randomly comes up. Not sure why. Only reason I want it gone is so I can use remote start. Runs fine. Pressure through cat is fine. Had shop look at it several times.

-Ben
Old 04-12-2019, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

So you're vehicle is coming up with the catalytic converter not working correctly? Have you looked at what the computer is getting for the readings from your downstream O2 sensors? If you've replaced the catalytic converters and the O2 sensors... then the next thing is one of the wires to the downstream sensors could be bad and causing the computer to get a reading that has convinced it that you have a bad catalytic converter.

EDIT - you'll need to have someone with the tools to read the live data coming from the O2 sensors... not sure if something like Torque (Android app) and a Bluetooth OBDII reader will give you that info on the Jeep. I know it does on my L96.

Last edited by jedg; 04-12-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:45 AM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BCCBFarris
Did. And o2 sensors. For some reason the code randomly comes up. Not sure why. Only reason I want it gone is so I can use remote start. Runs fine. Pressure through cat is fine. Had shop look at it several times.

-Ben
Ben, what brand O2 sensors and cats did you replace with? We're all four O2 sensors replaced?
Old 04-15-2019, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg

EDIT - you'll need to have someone with the tools to read the live data coming from the O2 sensors... not sure if something like Torque (Android app) and a Bluetooth OBDII reader will give you that info on the Jeep. I know it does on my L96.
Torque will read O2 sensor data. When I replaced my post cat converter O2 sensors, I used Torque to get the readings of all 4 O2 sensors to confirm the source of the problem.

Quick Reply: removing the two catalysts converters under the JK