Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rhino Liner

Old 10-25-2006, 08:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, not to threadjack, but im noticing this, and coming from an audi where mirror housings cost 467.00 it isnt too bad on the wallet unless you go nuts.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Actually, I would have to disagree with this statement. I've sprayed Herculiner in my CJ's tub and in my opinion, it looks every bit as good as tubs I've seen Line-Xed.

The trick is in the prep work and in how you apply it. If you roll it on, it'll look like crap.
That looks awesome! My nephew pulled his carpet out because he got it wet mudding... I have been thinking about helping him get this done. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

The only downside to this is that the texture tends to hold on to the dirt. It is pretty hard to get clean once it gets dirty.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Line-X is the way to go. My CJ is Line-X'd inside and in the fenderwheels. When I get my JK, Line-X will be one of my first mods.

My Line-X is grey which matches the interior quite nice.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

I did the inside of my 94 YJ with Herculiner and it turned out really well. I used the roller they supplied instead of spraying it and I think it looks just as good. But it is definately all in the prep work as to how it turns out.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

i'd be curious as to how much weight all these liners add. I have my dogs in the back often and there is just no way to get dog hair out once it's in. it just gets everywhere.

man, so many mod options, i'm going crazy!
Old 01-18-2007, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

as for the Rhino Liner its my favorite. I have it in the floor of my 57 Chevy and no it doesn't add any significant weight. And eventually when my carpet gets dingy and needs replacing or I get my Jeep offroad more I will pull the carpet and put rhino liner in. Worth the money and yes it does offer somewhat of a sound deadner...is that how thats spelled??

as for my '90 YJ beater Jeep I'll just buy the auto zone brand and do it myself....
Old 01-18-2007, 11:12 PM
JK Freak

Default Rhino

I Rhinolined my CJ7 the entire tub interior. It's a little tough to get it real clean but the benefits far outweigh the extra work to clean it. It is great stuff.

Quick Reply: Rhino Liner