Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rhino Lining the Interior

Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is NICE
Old 03-08-2009, 09:00 AM
JK Newbie

I had mine done at Line-X of Greenville, NC. They did a great job. I took out the plastic interior trim from the kick plates to the tail gate. The back seat is easy to remove but the fronts were a lot harder. I think it was about $500 to have the entire inside sprayed. They did under the dash as far as you can spray without taking it out. Under the center console and up the roll bars. Jeep didn't paint the inside of the tub so it maybe best to do the entire inside. Best mod I have done yet. Easy to clean and works great for taking the dogs to the beach.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
Wings fan -- your JK is incredible.
Thanks RN M OVR - you will love the Line X when they quoted me it was 500 under the rail and 600 over.
Next on the Mod list is OME lift and new rims and 35's. I need the extra height to stay with Warlock at the BADLANDS

Warlock I'm not as crazy about mud as you and MIMUDBoss are. But I did do the lineX after my first trip to the BADLANDS. You only clean carpet up after this happens once to make $500 seams like a steal.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Hahahah that hole looks sick....wish i would have been there for that.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

We debated on removing that calk stuff from the floor when we did mine a couple years ago and decided it was there for sound deadening and left it. In hind sight it would have been nice to remove it as it would be easier to keep clean in those spots. The Line-x acts like a sound dampner anyway. Very nice.
the original link above is my original post when I did it. Its holding up perfect. No issues except its not as shiny on the floor as I never wash it.
Originally Posted by Wings fan
I had mine done for $500 with Line X and I had to remove all seats except the driver seat.

They even took the caulk stuff and air chiseled it out from under the rear seat and DR / PS floor boards.

Best mod I ever did. The wife even agreed with this one
Old 03-08-2009, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how does it clean up with sand?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

isnt there wiring that runs along the floor? on other threads they said that bed lining the floor increases road noise. Is this the case with line-x?
Could you put dynamat underneath the line-x to help with sound deadening?
Old 03-08-2009, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

I am curious about the road noise and body heat as well.

I heard the carpet acts as a height shield from the underbody. In other words, if you were driving barefoot, you're feet might begin to get a little toasty.

I also heard the carpet acts as bit of noise resistance.

So, doesn't line-x'ing the interior increase road noise or produce an extra amount of floor heat?
Old 03-08-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Freak

Keep in mind, taking out your carpet increases road noise as your sound absorber is removed and you just have bare undamped metal on the floor. If you add Line-x or any other coating it stiffens up the metal thus damping it some. Sure not as well as soft fluffy carpet but better than the bare stock metal floor. My jeep is quieter with than with out it but not quieter than with the carpet in. Dynamat does the same thing. It adds mass to the metal thus damping the vibrations comming up through the floor.
As far as heat, it probably has some insulation value but probably not much so in that reguard it won't be hotter than with bare metal but will probably will be hotter than with out the fluffy insulating layer of carpet. You guys keep in mind that you need to compare Apples to apples and don't try to compare carpet to Line-x or any other type of coating.

You first need to decide if you want your carpet out of your jeep to keep it clean and make it easier to wash out your floor if it gets dirty. Second, you need to decide if you want to protect your bare painted metal floor with some kind of coating like line-x or something else. I recomend Line-x as I have it and its held up great. Its quieter than the bare metal floor and I don't notice any problem with heat at all and I live in a pretty hot area in the summer.

FWIW

Jeff

Last edited by Gasser; 03-08-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by YellowToy
how does it clean up with sand?
I hate sand, it gets into everything. I would say since it has a slight texture that sand would be a pain in the ars. I think you could get most of it out but there would always be some residual left. Of course comparing to carpet which is silly, try getting sand out of your carpet. It won't happen. It may look fine but there will always be sand in there.

Quick Reply: Rhino Lining the Interior