Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

River Raider crusher corners??

Old 06-14-2014, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default River Raider crusher corners??

Hey guys I'm looking at getting the river raider crusher corners. I was wondering what you guys thought. Who has them? I guess I've read some negatives about the ORO led lights. But also heArd they have fixed that issue. They also sell them with Max-bilt led tail lights. Are these better.? Thanks for any info u got.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2924342894.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	559563
Old 06-14-2014, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey brother, I am also interested in these corners. I think they are cool, especially the 'frenched' tail lights. Do you know if they're aluminum or steel? I've never heard anything really negative about them. What have you heard if anything?
Old 06-14-2014, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

U can buy steel or alum. I've heard the led don't hold up on the ORO lights . That's really my only concern
Old 06-14-2014, 04:48 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Fit is so so, the mounting hardware sucks. You can buy led lights at heavy truck shops for less money. I run them and would not reccomend them unless you were doing a comp cut and stretch, and even then a custom built set would be better.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Can u show some pics of the fit issues. Which way did u mount them to the body I see they have two types of Riv nuts n well nuts
Old 06-14-2014, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had no fit problems really. They do take so time and a few c clamps to get fitted so you can mark all the holes for either the rivnuts or well nuts. My first set I used the rivnuts without any problems. Im talking about the full corners and not the smaller corners like the pic. The ORO lights suck even the new ones. I ordered my last set without the light bucket and just drilled the holes for a standard 4" grommet type light. first set

Helping to install the set I sold.

showing the difference in the lights I used and welded this set on.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2014, 07:56 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by JS1122
Can u show some pics of the fit issues. Which way did u mount them to the body I see they have two types of Riv nuts n well nuts
The fitment is due to thier design. The are brake bend and are strait plate where the body of the JK has a compound bend to in both up and down and front to back. If you want a tigth fit without gaps around the top or bottom of the armor you will need lots of clamps like mentioned but will be deforming the factory tub in the process. Comp cutting removes most of the problems with the design. As the armor goes down to the rocker panel the curve will change from up and down to being flat side to side giving the JK more of a CJ look to it. I used Rivit nuts on mine and never attempted to use the well nuts that were sent. Some people will also weld to the body.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for your advice now I got some things to think about
Old 06-15-2014, 06:40 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

For a jeep that is not all cut up the poison spider/AEV are hard to beat for fit and finish as they are formed to fit the compound curves of the body but are just a bit thinner at 1/8" steel instead of 3/16" like the river raider.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the advice I really liked the look of the river raider recessed lights but if they don't fit that great I might have to look into the others
Originally Posted by TheDirtman
For a jeep that is not all cut up the poison spider/AEV are hard to beat for fit and finish as they are formed to fit the compound curves of the body but are just a bit thinner at 1/8" steel instead of 3/16" like the river raider.

Quick Reply: River Raider crusher corners??