Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

River Raider flares vs. Warrior Products

Old 03-10-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Sorry, i should clarify.

I mean people on here are telling everyone you wont get body damage with steel fenders. I've had body damage from my plastic flares (green Jk), I've seen body damage from bushwacker flares on other Jeeps.

I'm not saying RR are not built well, I'm saying there's no gaurantee they wont damage the Body like any other steel fender
Yeah I hear you there, I'm just waiting, I know it will happen just not sure when
Old 03-10-2009, 11:33 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MD_Rubi
lol...your members have seen it first hand at the first jk-project run in Rausch Creek.
"my members"? that's funny, i have talked to some of "my members" i none of them seem to recall seeing anything of your fenders being tested out first hand.

I have more then once just crushed the fenders and no dmage except for the gaytorhyde.
i don't know about you but if you really "crushed" a fender, i think i'd call that damage. seriously, how about a pic of what your cottage cheese looks like after taking the hit.

Like I have stated befor, if the parts, in this case fenders, are designed and mounted corrected it will do it's job. I have had many experiences with PSC fenders and never once did it fail to protect the body.
ummm, like x No Compromise Offroad x pointed out, if you've had experiences with psc fenders, it was on a TJ and since you don't understand the differece, let me tell you that it is an entirely different ball of wax.

Originally Posted by Bunker
I dunno what else to tell you

Straight dropoff
tried to roll in but I just slid down and to the right
after I hit I tried to power out but I ended up with my rear tires off the ground and my fronts spinning (diff high centered)

I'm sure if I would have just powered through after I saw the fronts just sliding down I'd have made it... probably minus a few teeth though.
i understand what you are saying but the hit was not direct nor was it from the side and the surface you hit was soft mud/dirt. not exactly a rock or tree and not from the side. also, as you fell, your tire would have slid down and taken the brunt of the fall - or, so i would imagine.

I was merely stating that they are very sturdy. There was no movement to the fenders or the quarter panels even with my weight jumping up and down on them.
got it and that is worth knowing.

There are actually several spacers that transfer the load to the subframe keeping the sheet metal from collapsing in. There is a kind of sandwich thing going on. You'd have to see it, I just know that it works You'd have to hit hard enough to bend the sub frame and I'm pretty sure whatever you use it's going to give in that case.
i'm not sure what you mean by subframe but i'm guessing you are refering to the body structure beyond the initial edge of the fender opening. if that is what you are talking about, you'll have to forgive me as i'll believe it when i see it. gut instincts aren't enough for me to be a believer.

I like the RR fenders and I'm glad I went with them.
and that's great. if you're happy with them, you should be as they are yours

Originally Posted by MR LIKA
What Company said they won't damage the JK
none that i know of, just fanboyz on here.

I was at TDS last weekend, smashed into just about everything with my front fenders just got dirt in my cottage cheese of course it was just dirt not rocks. Seriously, from what I'm noticing, my tires take the brunt of it first then the fenders hit. I'm just waiting for that day when I do connect on a nice big rock to see what really happens
like you've just pointed out, soft mud hills like what you have at truckhaven isn't exactly the same thing as a rock or tree. and, with any luck, you your fenders will do an amazing job of protecting your jeep. in all honesty, it'd be better if i were wrong than right.

Hey instead of calling it Cottage cheese, say orange peels. It sounds more appealing.
no offense is meant but it but lets be honest here, this finish does look a lot like accustic ceiling/cottage cheese then drywall/orange peel.

observe, orange peel has a smooth patchwork of lumpyness....

where as cottage cheese looks just like gaytohyde

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	orangepeel-01.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	20509   Click image for larger version

Name:	cottagecheese-01.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	20510  

Last edited by wayoflife; 03-10-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

no offense is meant but it but lets be honest here, this finish does look a lot like accustic ceiling/cottage cheese then drywall/orange peel.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I think of cottage cheese thighs when you say cottage cheese, but then again cottage cheese is good with fruit
Old 03-10-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife

Old 03-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

I looked at all the steel fenders and to me it doesnt make sence to mount a strong steel fender to the weak jeep sheet metal. I decided to wait and get the Off Road Evolution outlaw armor. I can tell you it was definitly worth the wait
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0444.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	20517  
Old 03-10-2009, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joe Lightfoot
I looked at all the steel fenders and to me it doesnt make sence to mount a strong steel fender to the weak jeep sheet metal. I decided to wait and get the Off Road Evolution outlaw armor. I can tell you it was definitly worth the wait
Show off, I just could'nt wait.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Show off, I just could'nt wait.
Hey not tryin to show off just showing the peeps what the ORE armor looks like. Linka your jeep is bad ass definitly one of my favorite 4 doors
Old 03-10-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joe Lightfoot
Hey not tryin to show off just showing the peeps what the ORE armor looks like. Linka your jeep is bad ass definitly one of my favorite 4 doors
Yeah I wanted those so bad, but I just could'nt wait. Your jeep does'nt look Like a pinata to me very nice, now how do I explain to my wife that I need new fenders
Old 03-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Yeah I wanted those so bad, but I just could'nt wait. Your jeep does'nt look Like a pinata to me very nice, now how do I explain to my wife that I need new fenders
Hmmm well remove your fenders, sell them on the forum and tell your wife someone stold them in the middle of the night
Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by MattC
I like the looks of tube fenders but I'll be sticking with the factory flares. I like non-dented sheet metal better!

How much does the front and rear EVO Armor weigh together?
I like the looks of their armor but combine that with aftermarket bumpers and skids and Youre dealing with a lot of extra weight for the allready under powered 3.8L to push around.

I guess You need a HEMI to go along with the BLING
Im not sure of the weight but I couldnt tell a difference in power. I would guess and say less than 200 pounds. but I could be wrong

Quick Reply: River Raider flares vs. Warrior Products