Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RK 2.5" X-Factor

Old 02-01-2014, 06:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RK 2.5" X-Factor

Have a question on installing my rear upper arms. Instructions from RK are not very clear. When measuring the beginning length do I need to measure from eye to eye on the inside of the bend or the outside of the bend?
Old 02-01-2014, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I did mine I measured straight end to end, right down the middle. The uppers were a little awkward with the bend. Plus it is a pain in the butt to tighten he jam nuts and keep the bend properly oriented.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
When I did mine I measured straight end to end, right down the middle. The uppers were a little awkward with the bend. Plus it is a pain in the butt to tighten he jam nuts and keep the bend properly oriented.
Thanks. I figured it's going to be a pain.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

You measure from the center of each hole. The bend in the arm dosnt change anything, its still hole to hole. It could bend to China and back and you still measure to each hole.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by olyelr
You measure from the center of each hole. The bend in the arm dosnt change anything, its still hole to hole. It could bend to China and back and you still measure to each hole.
Actually it does. If you keep the moving part of the joint lined up inside the joint straight, then the holes on the inside of the bend are closer together then the holes on the outside of the bend. And that's measuring straight across. The picture below shows how they are on the jeep and what I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-713008295.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	528255  
Old 02-02-2014, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Actually it does. If you keep the moving part of the joint lined up inside the joint straight, then the holes on the inside of the bend are closer together then the holes on the outside of the bend. And that's measuring straight across. The picture below shows how they are on the jeep and what I'm talking about.
Ah yes, I completely understand your question now.

Maybe Rock Krawler will chime in on this, as there obviously will be a slightly different length depending on which side you measure. Out of curiosity, what is the difference in length? 1/2"-3/4"?
Old 02-02-2014, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by olyelr
Ah yes, I completely understand your question now. Maybe Rock Krawler will chime in on this, as there obviously will be a slightly different length depending on which side you measure. Out of curiosity, what is the difference in length? 1/2"-3/4"?
I'm not sure. I started kinda late yesterday and my wife was calling me constantly to come home and I forgot how they went on in the first place so I got so frustrated I just put it all back together and put all the RK stuff up for now until I can get to it. Wasn't happy bout it. But I want to know how it's supposed to be before I start on it again.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not positive, but my MetalCloak arms do the same - if you have the joint turned the wrong way. On the adjustable end, there should be a bend where the threaded part meets the joint. If you rotate the joint half a turn, you should be good to go.

Pretty sure that's it. If not, I doubt those things will go in...
Old 02-02-2014, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

I just put mine in last night I just turned them 90degrees to measure but you could draw a center mark on the joint and measure mark to mark
Old 02-02-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Haven't had it aligned yet but it drives down the road fine doesn't pull in any direction, no vibration even at highway speed
I even did a hard braking from 45mph

Quick Reply: RK 2.5" X-Factor