Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock trac Transfer Case Swap

Old 08-28-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd also go with an Atlas or Stak, maybe even a 3 spd one. That's unless I could get lucky and find a Rubi case used for cheap.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zak
Alright than i will go with ATLAS now
Do we know the part number but again do i have to upgrade to replace any other parts aprat from Atlas tcase. Will i have any problems with speed sensor or computer etc.

Can someone send me the link for the 4x4 extreme tv where they installed on X.

Just call Advanced Adapters and get everything you need to know from them. Also go visit the Pirate Forum and look through the vendors section. I bet someone on there can get you a screeming deal on one.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Yeah I vote Atlas, it would be stupid to swap in the Rubicon case for that money
Old 08-28-2007, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greggradwohl
Agreed. This might be worth a look as well:
stak4x4.com/2speed.htm
Anyone have any experience with this case? I haven't heard of it before.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Renegade
Anyone have any experience with this case? I haven't heard of it before.

Ive only heard good things.........I personally would buy an Atlas first since Ive owned one and never once had a problem though.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered an Atlas 4speed for my 2door and my dads 4 door. It is basically a DIRECT SWAP! The outputs are 32 spline just like the stock case and the shifters will go in the same location as the stock shifter. You can either go with a cable or electric shifter for the extra gear reduction (10:1!!!). I will do a write up on it when I do the swap in mine but it looks to be pretty simple.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:57 PM
JK Newbie

Do you have a rubi or sahara. Are the outputs for both sahara abd rubi are 32 spline or 27 spline front on sahara and 30 spline rear at sahara and 32 spline standard rear and front on rubi.

What r u gona do with speed sensers, and computer and wiring harness

need some good details to order all parts together and when swapping sure it will go bolt on instead on having on host for weeks figuring out things
Old 08-29-2007, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

For what you'd be spending on a 2spd get a 3sp/4spd Stak/Atlas. It would only be an extra $3-400 and you have a lot more options on gearing choices.

The Atlas, and I believe Stak too, can be ordered with speed sensors. You should look into new stronger driveshafts too, that way you can step up the joints in the shafts.

One of my sticking points on getting Rubicon is that the 1:1 or 4:1 option is either too low or too high for about 50% of wheeling I do. I'll probably end up with an Atlas/Stak eventually anyways...

Last edited by zeeto; 08-29-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

With the atlas, you will only lose the 4WD indicator light. The speedo runs off of the speed sensors at the wheels.

Quick Reply: Rock trac Transfer Case Swap