Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rotating the Coils

Old 08-24-2007, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MBAR741028
It was lower on the passenger side rear so I got under it and looked up at the spring isolater and the spring was not centered on it.
Thanks for the pics and explanation. I'll definitely take a look at it, looks pretty rough.

Originally Posted by John L
How does it look and/or measure with a driver in it? Maybe the kit is taking into account that there will always be weight in the drivers seat....just thinking out loud here....
Not sure, I've been the only one driving it thus far Good idea though.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Teraflex 4"... it leans to the passenger side, worse when full. It's has more lean in the rear. About 1", on the front it's about 1/2". I've been rolling around under my jeep and can't see a problem... springs look like they are seated correctly, etc. I put a big jeeperman bumper with a 37" on it and it made the lean a little more pronounced.

Spacer in the rear? 1" maybe? I dont' know.

Seth.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got off the phone with Tera. They have JK specific spacers in three sizes:

1/2", 1" or 2.5"

The 1" part number is 001954100
the 1/2" part number is 001953100

I'm thinking a half in the front passenger and 1" in the rear passenger will level this bad boy!

Seth.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RubberDucky
Just got off the phone with Tera. They have JK specific spacers in three sizes:

1/2", 1" or 2.5"

The 1" part number is 001954100
the 1/2" part number is 001953100

I'm thinking a half in the front passenger and 1" in the rear passenger will level this bad boy!

Seth.
PERFECT! I've only been able to find 3/4" ones which I was begining to think would be a little too much. Those 1/2"'s would be perfect.

Have you already ordered yours? These should work just fine with Skyjacker coils right?
Old 08-25-2007, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Red face

Originally Posted by DeepSky
PERFECT! I've only been able to find 3/4" ones which I was begining to think would be a little too much. Those 1/2"'s would be perfect.

Have you already ordered yours? These should work just fine with Skyjacker coils right?
Yup. I ordered them should get them soon (I hope) tera is usually quick! Should work with skujacker.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RubberDucky
Yup. I ordered them should get them soon (I hope) tera is usually quick! Should work with skujacker.
How'd they end up working out for you?

I've finally decided that I need a front passenger 1/2" and a rear passenger 1/2" and am ready to order but I can't find them on any site. Did you actually call Teraflex to order?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

don't you think that sticking spacers in there is kinda like putting a band-aid on a bigger problem?

i think that you should probably find out what is actually causing the problem and fix that, instead of just masking it with spacers on the passenger side.

but that's just me.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
don't you think that sticking spacers in there is kinda like putting a band-aid on a bigger problem?
Yeah sort of. But I feel I really don't have any options. I'm a recent grad and just moved far away from parents (who would have the tools required to get to the bottom of the issue) and when I took it to the dealer they first said they didn't notice it was riding 1/2" taller on driver side, then when they did notice it they said it was normal and wouldn't do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure its not something wrong with my particular setup. I've heard from several people on this board they're JK rides about the same way, and I've seen several pictures of other peoples JK's on the forums that ride like mine as well. I dunno :/

Quick Reply: Rotating the Coils