Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Country Quick Disconnects

Old 02-07-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCXTREME
Here they are
I have these on mine and love them.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by inspect-a-home
Just got mine Rough Country Discos in today..they look nice but not too beefy-especially the joints, any of you guys have issues with a 4" lift (4 door sahara) with clearances and stock break lines or what not when fully flexed. The manual also says it should be at 11" for a 4"-6" lift...what is the best for the 4"? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Your sway bar should be level with the ground when your jeep sitting on flat ground in your driveway, so however long they need to be to connect like that. I would just remove your current links, move the bar so it's level and screw the links in or out so they're the right size, then tighten the jam nut and install. Pretty simple.

I did the entire install in 10 minutes in my driveway with a ratchet and wrench set. Didn't take the wheels off or anything (having a stubby front helped).
Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Just got mine Rough Country Discos in today..they look nice but not too beefy-especially the joints, any of you guys have issues with a 4" lift (4 door sahara) with clearances and stock break lines or what not when fully flexed. The manual also says it should be at 11" for a 4"-6" lift...what is the best for the 4"? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Your sway bar should be level with the ground when your jeep sitting on flat ground in your driveway, so however long they need to be to connect like that. I would just remove your current links, move the bar so it's level and screw the links in or out so they're the right size, then tighten the jam nut and install. Pretty simple.

I did the entire install in 10 minutes in my driveway with a ratchet and wrench set. Didn't take the wheels off or anything (having a stubby front helped).

Sweet...thanks!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thantos
your sway bar should be level with the ground when your jeep sitting on flat ground in your driveway, so however long they need to be to connect like that. I would just remove your current links, move the bar so it's level and screw the links in or out so they're the right size, then tighten the jam nut and install. Pretty simple.

yes indeed!!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the upper part (coper piece) is re-design, mine is now making some noise in one of them, i hope i can find that piece alone to buy.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

I've replaced my RCs with Jks quick discos. The ride is totally different, the harder bushings on the Jks are prolly what sets it apart, plus they have zerk fittings so you can grease them.

I have my RCs for the 4-6" lift for sale if anybody wants them. Just PM me.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've replaced my RCs with Jks quick discos. The ride is totally different, the harder bushings on the Jks are prolly what sets it apart, plus they have zerk fittings so you can grease them.

I have my RCs for the 4-6" lift for sale if anybody wants them. Just PM me.
ur inbox is full
Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Inbox all clear
Old 10-05-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also have the RC quick discos. They work just fine. I had to trim out some of the thread length to make them work better with my AEV high steer kit, but they've been great. I lost the pins over the months and have purchased new ones from TSC. I don't see a reason in spending a ton of money on end links. I used to make my own for TJs with clevis pins...
Old 01-20-2017, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Hi everyone I'm a new jk owner I had a quick question in regards to the RC quick disconnects, I believe I'm riding on a2.5 lift, so I ordered the 2.5 quick disconnects but when a got them I noticed to keep my swaybar level the link is threaded on maybe 1/2 inch plus the locking nut. So question is ... is that normal or should I have gotten the 3.5-6 ??

Quick Reply: Rough Country Quick Disconnects