Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon Transfer case vs "X"

Old 10-20-2006, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm just waiting to see a rubi with some 24" rims and bling grill / bumpers in a rap video.... why can't they stick to hummers
Old 10-20-2006, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default My New Rubi

I just ordered my new Rubi. I ordered a manual transmission. Here is my rationale: My last Jeep was a 2002 Sport with the dana 35 rear and 30 front. I tossed my wallet at that thing to get it to have stronger axles, bigger brakes, lower t-case , heavier springs etc. I have hard alot about there being a 7k increase in price over the X . I will gladly pay more money for factory installed and Warranted hardware. I USE my jeep for what it is built for and there is some piece of mind knowing that anything I break (within limits) will be fixxed instead of them looking at me and blaming aftermarket driveline modifications for the failure. So not only would I be out the money for the upgrade parts, but also the bucks to fix what they wont warrant due to my upgrades. Its a safe bet for me and as I have just found our today, I can get mine loaded for $26500.00 loaded, including MYgig radio, dual tops, power pkg etc. out the door (no taxes). This is about 1300 under invoice! I also get another $500.00 off sue to a Heroes rebate. (im a firefighter).
Old 11-13-2006, 10:38 PM
JK Newbie

I chose the Rubi, stick. Mainly cause I don't wheel enough to warrant swapping out the axles, so the built in and warrantied lockers/axles work for me. It will be mildly lifted, and likely the rubber will be changed out, but overall she will stay a pretty basic Rubi.

Before my JK I had an '05 Rubi. You can read all the mods done to it here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/djfriar. It went everywhere I pointed it at and then some. I have no doubt the Rubi JK will do the same (in fact, it already has, it met Hot Springs, AR this last weekend). Also, its nice to be able to include in the financing and insurance the parts the Rubi comes with that I'd end up swapping on the X.

But as its been said many times, the Rubi works for some, and for others the X is a better choice. I don't care what you wheel, I'll play on the trails with ya
Old 11-14-2006, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

I'd like to know the price on the front d44 if she goes. I have the rear.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Transfer case vs "X"