Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Front Skid Plate issue

Old 10-11-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge Front Skid Plate issue

Hi all,

So I installed a RR XHD bumper without issue on my 2011 Sahara this weekend. Got the RR front skid plate as well. I must have gotten an earlier version, as I has to use a grinder on the front cross member to get it even close to fitting. However, the rearholes still don't come close to lining up on the bracket.. My options are:

1) Only use front bracket holes as well as the lower holes drilled directly into the cross member for two secure points.
2) Elongate the rear holes so they line up with the holes. Using the supplied washers, I don't have a lot of concerns on this method.
3) Try to grind down the cross member even further. I'm loathe to do this for strength purposes.

Thoughts? I like the looks of this skid plate as opposed to the full sizse ones.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be right there with you next week. I just bought the RR bumper and skid plate for my 2010.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2010 did not ahve the holes through the cross member so i did nto bolt it there. Only used the brackets under the sway bar and the side bolts. It was more than sturdy
Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Ruugged Ridge Products

Originally Posted by mattgt5
My 2010 did not ahve the holes through the cross member so i did nto bolt it there. Only used the brackets under the sway bar and the side bolts. It was more than sturdy
I had No problem with my front skid plate for my '08 JK Sahara. The only item I had problems with my Prerunner Bar, the holes were 1/2" off location, did NOT want to open holes, may chip paint and start a rusting location. Returnned and recieved new that fit.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Front Skid Plate issue