Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rugged Ridge Snorkel

Old 07-04-2012, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rugged Ridge Snorkel

So I'm saving up for this snorkel, I think it looks sexy as hell, and I like it better than the others. Idk if anyone's gotten it yet but if you have what are your reviews, is it a yes or no? Click image for larger version

Name:	yes.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	337483Click image for larger version

Name:	want.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	337485
Old 07-04-2012, 11:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't received mine yet as there was an issue with shipping but eadoffroad.com is selling the snorkel and high mount for $269.00 shipped or at least they were last month, which is cheap! I have a thread started with the install instructions linked so you can decide if you are up for the install.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't believe anyone has theirs yet, It just came out last month. I'm still waiting for mine also. Awesome looking snorkel.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I cancelled my order. I was so excited at first. It looked to be a bolt in easy install. Now there are many steps that involve removing EVERYTHING, cutting and customizing to make it fit. I am going to buy the AEV with the Heat reduction hood instead. I would wait if I were you and let them work out the bugs on it.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shipment got held up. With the holiday week I don't expect anyone will see these before next week.

I don't think it is fair to say "work the bugs out" until we actually get to see these things being installed.

However you need to know there are 123 steps and some minor interior fender trimming required to install.
Here is the install PDF: http://www.omix-ada.com/instructions/17756.06.pdf

Old 07-05-2012, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

If you like wrenching on your jeep the install shouldnt be a problem and looks straight forward.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK

However you need to know there are 123 steps and some minor interior fender trimming required to install.
Here is the install PDF: http://www.omix-ada.com/instructions/17756.06.pdf
I read through the entire installation instructions and I'd have to say - no way!
Very involved, no easy afternoon install, my feeling is that once people start receiving their snorkels there's going to be a bunch of threads here on explaining how to get this snorkel on without losing your mind.

Read the PDF before ordering - best idea yet.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pastorwug
I read through the entire installation instructions and I'd have to say - no way!
Very involved, no easy afternoon install, my feeling is that once people start receiving their snorkels there's going to be a bunch of threads here on explaining how to get this snorkel on without losing your mind.

Read the PDF before ordering - best idea yet.

I see how it might look overwhelming at first, but if you review each step, it really doesn't seem that bad (IMO).

Normally, I'm tinkering around and taking parts off and putting other parts on the jeep every weekend. It's my LEGO toy now that I'm grown up! ha.

I'm glad RR did a very thorough instruction book. They could have truncated the directions by simply showing what needs to be done vs. showing how to make it happen step by step.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed mine last night. 5 hours, including one trip to the store for paint and super glue.

Instructions are well written and easy to follow. It took some time, but it was not a difficult install. I got this one because it is priced right and the modifications are minor. In fact, it came with the parts needed to replace the minor cuts you make, so you can return it to stock if you want.

The only thing I didn't like was that the new air box bottom is not the same quality plastic and design as the OEM unit. I could see the clip attachments breaking over time, but for now they are working fine.

-wwiifirearms

Last edited by wwiifirearms; 07-14-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Looks great! Can't wait for the 2012 version

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Snorkel