Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rugged Ridge Snorkel Problems...

Old 01-16-2013, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoutheastOffroader
And let me go ahead and add this...This thread in no way was to complain about Rugged Ridge. I love the company and have multiple of their products on my rig. It was to raise awareness of my problem and to warn others of it. Rugged Ridge did contact me and has helped with the situation which I have passed on some of that information to you. I have asked Rugged Ridge if I could share some other information they release to me with the community and if they approve I will post it here. I like many others of you love the looks of this snorkel. It's modular design and unique look stand out over most others. Not to mention it is cheaper than any other snorkel on the market (that I know of). If asked I would still recommend this product just be sure to install it like mentioned above. Also Rugged Ridges helped me very promptly and was very understanding. I have no complaints on this company!

If you need help or have questions please ask.
That's good stuff man. I have a lot of their stuff on my rig too they're awesome. I asked the local shop I bought my snorkel from to double check with them of there was an update or anything like that, but it looks like that write up with pics they have you is perfect.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKJeepJunkie
I want it any idea who makes it
Yeah, Crash made that custom from PVC and a plastic Skull. Search for Tonka and AlmightyCrash
Old 01-23-2013, 04:18 AM
JK Freak

Just curious is anyone running the low mount w windshield mounted lights
Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1995nscajeep
Yep, Rigid d2s. I ended up putting a 1" spacer at the bottom of the light so it sits higher than the low mount lid.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4250672592.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	412933   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2388997129.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	412934  
Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 1995nscajeep
I will be soon. I will provide pictures ASAP. It all depends how your lights are mounted
Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

It seems like the common point here is the hose sliding down the mount. Could it be that the hose clamp is being over tightened? Maybe snug with the RTV is a solution.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MMXJKU
It seems like the common point here is the hose sliding down the mount. Could it be that the hose clamp is being over tightened? Maybe snug with the RTV is a solution.
You're right, that is the problem. As clarified by Rugged Ridge the RTV is acting as a lubricant when the clamp is tightened so you need to attach the hose and airbox with the rvt first and let that dry before attaching the clamp.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Snorkel Problems...