Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shock help needed.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Bilstein 5100s have excellent on and off road performance, but they are pricey as shocks go.

The Teraflex 9550s are also a very good option.

If you don't do heavy wheelin' then fade becomes less of an issue and there are many quality shocks in that category.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This doesn't clear the waters any. . . but I saw some Edelbroch shocks at 4Wheel Parts that had a "self restricting orfice" (insert sphincter joke here) that automatically adjusted to present driving conditions. The part that I liked was that it limited body roll. . .. My 4 door Rubi w/front Rubi shocks and rear Sahara shocks (snapped one wheelin' and had to get some replacements quick for the next weekend) pitches like a sail boat at sea on these Texas county roads.

Can those with vast superior knowledge and experience chime in here??? Thanks in advance. . .
Old 11-23-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spinlock
The Bilstein 5100s have excellent on and off road performance, but they are pricey as shocks go.

The Teraflex 9550s are also a very good option.

If you don't do heavy wheelin' then fade becomes less of an issue and there are many quality shocks in that category.
I am glad to hear this since the TFs were first on my mind. The 2.2s seemed like a very good option but there were some vaguely mixed reviews. The Bilsteins were an option I wasn't considering, but I will look at them now. At first glance, they only looked like they were maybe $40 - $60 more per set of 4?
Old 11-23-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

I've heard several people comment on bilsteins being a really good choice....I'm sure they're great on-road, but can anyone comment on their offroad performance? specifically their amount of travel....
Old 11-23-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fair amount of travel w/ bilsteins on a 4in super lift on 35's, wasn't completly stuffed though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Superlift ORV Park in Arkansas 380.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	33293

Quick Reply: Shock help needed.