Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Steps that work with Rock Rails

Old 10-28-2018, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Side Steps that work with Rock Rails

I have a 2017 Willy Wheeler. It came with the rock rails (I assume they match the Rubicon Rock Rails, which is really the root to having the answer to my question). I have Carr steps on right now (my wife is very short and it was a deal of getting this vehicle. I initially ordered tubular side steps, but I had to remove the rock rails to install them. It looked like hell because the pinch weld was showing, so I scrapped those and went with the Carr side steps. Now I have this tongue hanging down and don't like that look, either. I've seen threads around the web where people are talking about the Barricade side steps working with rock rails, but the pictures don't really answer my question. I can't tell if the Barricade model comes with a rock rail or it's an add-on with the factory rock rail. They also don't talk about which model of Barricade it is. Any input appreciated -- don't want to have to trade the missus in on a taller model!
Old 10-28-2018, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The only step I know that works with the rubi rails is made by ace engineering out of Michigan. These are the best pictures I have of what it looks like, I just sold the Jeep a few weeks ago so I can't get any better pictures

https://www.aceengineeringandfab.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo37.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	677220   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo671.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	677221  
Old 10-28-2018, 02:18 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the response. About how far do those stick out? They don't seem to provide a full step.
Old 10-28-2018, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

About 4 inches maybe? Here's a screenshot from their website with a different angle
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo112.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	677222  
Old 10-28-2018, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Very helpful! Thank you!
Old 10-28-2018, 04:22 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by Wuebben.2
I just sold the Jeep a few weeks ago so I can't get any better pictures
Whhaaaa? Thought you just bought a beater commuter car to help save the jeep some wear and tear.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did but I couldn't get it to pass inspection for the salvage title, so I took it to a shop that I trust a lot and they said it would be at least $2500 and that might fix it. I decided I didn't want to dump that much into so I was just going to keep driving the Jeep. Then my wife decided she wanted a little bigger car because of the two kids. She has a 2014 Chevy Sonic that she bought new, it's got over 100,000 miles now and the dealers weren't offering her enough trade in so we looked at tradings the Jeep in. The dealer made me a great offer on the Jeep, so we traded it in for a Ford Escape and I inherited the sonic.

I love wheeling, but wheeling a '17 always made me nervous. So I'm now looking for an older Jeep that can be more of a dedicated trail/overland rig. Maybe a YJ or a TJ...or dare I say maybe even Cherokee
Old 10-29-2018, 05:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by Wuebben.2
I'm now looking for an older Jeep that can be more of a dedicated trail/overland rig. Maybe a YJ or a TJ...or dare I say maybe even Cherokee
Best of luck to you. With the JL's rolling out, seems like the prices on TJs have come down a little around my area. Unmolested TJ with a 4.0L would be a nice trail toy to build up.

Quick Reply: Side Steps that work with Rock Rails