Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Situation Duratrac

Old 03-03-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nvrenuff
Looks great, you just need to put a little more tire shine on them.
..... Sacrilege...!!! I was gonna say, as I'm sure MANY on here would, back OFF on the tire shine and we'll love you even more....
Old 03-03-2011, 10:54 PM
JK Newbie

got any pics from the front straight on? what did you use to paint the rims? are you running any wheel spacers?
Old 03-04-2011, 03:07 AM
JK Freak

my speedo was off 3% (2mph at 65)
65 on speedo=67 on radar or gps
Old 04-26-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Update: after I initially installed the duratracs I experienced a greet ride with very little vibration. Just last week i started to experience a vibration bat speeds over 60 and my stick is shaking more than usual. Could this be my alignment? Any suggestions ?

This is really starting to bother me.

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
..... Sacrilege...!!! I was gonna say, as I'm sure MANY on here would, back OFF on the tire shine and we'll love you even more....
HAHAH i was thinking the same thing... im not a tire shine guy.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark in Va
I'm running 315/70r17 DuraTracs on Moabs. They balanced well and I have no problems at all with shimmy when I commute about 45 miles. I can't say they are totally quiet but they aren't that bad. Haven't had the top down yet though. So far, they have done well in the snow, excellent in the rain and surprisingly well off road.
As far as power is concerned, I have an auto with 4:10's and I lost overdrive on hills and windy days. Other than that I don't think I could be happier.
Same here. I put a Teraflex lift on mine last fall. I was going to just run the stock BFG Muds until they wore out. I got a screw near the sidewall of one. So I pulled the trigger on the Duratracs. 315/70r17. Awesome tires and I think less noisy than the stock BFGs. Going to wheel with them for the first time next weekend. I have a 6spd manual trans. I notice a little loss of power but not annoying.

I'll change over to 4.88's eventually.

They look great!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 321go!
Update: after I initially installed the duratracs I experienced a greet ride with very little vibration. Just last week i started to experience a vibration bat speeds over 60 and my stick is shaking more than usual. Could this be my alignment? Any suggestions ?

Thanks for your help!
You might want to check driveshafts also.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Thanks for your help!
Check your tire wear. If you have cupping, solve that. Check your shocks. Rebalance the tires.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well here she is. What do you think?
It looks like you chose wisely.

Great looking rig!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool I'm sure the "Rubbers" will feel good, once on!

Because of such good comments about them, I ordered my 33" Duratracks last week. And, had the "Whites" put on the inside, (of course) lol.

Finally, they arrived today; in fact - just in the time for me to unload them in another, lovely - moonsoon (again)!! Pictures of them on the 17x8 Pro Comps when they go on 'er ! (Can't be too soon for my liking, either.)

Quick Reply: Situation Duratrac