Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Situation Duratrac

Old 06-08-2011, 02:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Canajun
I just got a set of Duratrac 285 75 16's mounted on Pro Comp 152's. Suh-Weet!! (Pics to come)

The stock TMPS will NOT fit the 152's. The shop (highly reputable and professional) was adamant about not doing the install for liability issues. I guess I proved more convincing
I too have the SC Flashpaq. I ruined myself by riding around for a month before I got the new shoes Although it is still peppier that stock.

The tire is a 10 ply, load rated E with an 80psi rating @ the max specified weight. The shop recommended me ride at 40psi given the weight of an Unlimited. It rides ok in town, but is a little squirrelly over 55mph I see on the forum that most are running around 30psi for the daily street use. How is it on the highway??

That's a pretty brawny tire to ride so low
I'm running 32p.s.i. right now but during "break-in" I was @ 28p.s.i., mine are D-rated, depends on the weight of your rig too...play around with the pressure until you find the "sweet spot".
Old 06-08-2011, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Va
LOL. yeah!
Sweet rig! And you're running the stock 17" wheels with the 315s? Goodyear indicates that a 9.5" wide wheel is needed with these tires.

Quick Reply: Situation Duratrac