Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smitty XRC Arrrggghhh

Old 07-13-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dadgummit
Woohoo, Good News!!

Matt and the president of Smittybilt both just came out to my office, to try and install one of the latches from the American Manufacturer. With that latch on we all piled in the jeep and ran through the same dips in the road that caused it to fail last week and the latch did not move at all. I hit it hard enough that I think my rear suspension bottomed out and the Smitty Pres in the back seat either hit his head on the roof or came close (gotta have your seatbelt on!!). The handle did not move. Sweet!!!
They did assure me that everyone with a quality issue will be taken care of.
I would say that is about as good as customer service can get.
Great News!
Didn't happen to speed up when you saw he wasn't wearing his seat belt did you? Good to hear they are going to take care of everything...wish mine fell into the latching issue alone...but, from your story I think we can feel comfortable knowing they are doing their best to make us all whole again!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Great News!
Didn't happen to speed up when you saw he wasn't wearing his seat belt did you? Good to hear they are going to take care of everything...wish mine fell into the latching issue alone...but, from your story I think we can feel comfortable knowing they are doing their best to make us all whole again!
LOL No, I figured if it was going to fail it was going to fail right in front of the president so I hit the dips as fast as I dared. I didn't know about the seatbelt until I saw him alot higher in the rearview mirror than he should have been.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL No, I figured if it was going to fail it was going to fail right in front of the president so I hit the dips as fast as I dared. I didn't know about the seatbelt until I saw him alot higher in the rearview mirror than he should have been.
I do have to say you won't find a lot of company presidents that would give that would go to those lengths to help find a solution...props need to go out to him! And hopefully due to your help most of us will have closure soon!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
I do have to say you won't find a lot of company presidents that would give that would go to those lengths to help find a solution...props need to go out to him! And hopefully due to your help most of us will have closure soon!
x2..................... on both thoughts ...............
Old 07-13-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

soo that is great news I am glad. Do they plan on shipping us out the new handles to solve this issue or do we have to pay for them ?

do we know who is the one to contact in order to get the solutions rollin ?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
soo that is great news I am glad. Do they plan on shipping us out the new handles to solve this issue or do we have to pay for them ?

do we know who is the one to contact in order to get the solutions rollin ?
PM Sent on the contact info

About the handles they were checking to see if the handle assembly could have been at least part of the problem. If my jeep takes a harder hit than what I did driving through those dips there are going to be more things broken than just the latch on the carrier; so it looks like yes. They did specifically mention that it was their intention to make good with every customer with a problem. If I were you I would call again referencing me my name is Jonathan Lopes and ask for the same solution. I am sure if you wait for them to call they will but it would probably be faster this way.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is awesome they took care of you like that. It is handy that you lived close enough to show them the issues. Now if they would just take care of us guys who bought garbage from them in the past. lol.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

just talked to ray again, they are def going to make good on this so if you have an issue do contact them and let them know that your on the forums... and so on they will know exactly what your talking about
Old 07-13-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
That is awesome they took care of you like that. It is handy that you lived close enough to show them the issues. Now if they would just take care of us guys who bought garbage from them in the past. lol.

I am not sure how long ago you are talking but this carrier has a 5 year warranty. I would call them and ask you have nothing to lose.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

I am not sure how long ago you are talking but this carrier has a 5 year warranty. I would call them and ask you have nothing to lose.
+1 on that

Quick Reply: Smitty XRC Arrrggghhh