Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smittybilt Tonneau Cover Tub Damage

Old 05-22-2014, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
How did it happen?

I don't recall what manufacture I have, I think bestop? But I put it on every time I run the roof off and at this time of year and fall in the mornings it dips below 0 celsius. I usually have to push all my body weight and hang off the tub to clip the whole thing around completely since its cold and doesn't stretch well. So far on my TJ and JK I haven't had that occur to me
Just pushing down on side. Wouldn't say I had my body weight on it but I was pushing down fairly hard. However even putting my trek top on which is plenty tight, this has never happened before.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crippler
Just pushing down on side. Wouldn't say I had my body weight on it but I was pushing down fairly hard. However even putting my trek top on which is plenty tight, this has never happened before.
Weird, that's crazy. Never thought it would do that. Something I'll be a bit cautious more of in the future for sure.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:53 AM
sky
JK Enthusiast

I've got a trek top as well. Never had it happen. Then got the dimples with the duster cover. Oh well!!!! Tis a jeep after all!
Old 05-23-2014, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

It is a tight fit but i don't see how this would cause damage. I have the same thing and you just have to be careful and line it up correctly. I don't see the cover bending metal.

Keep Calm and Chive On

Quick Reply: Smittybilt Tonneau Cover Tub Damage