Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spidertrax spacers...?

Old 02-06-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spidertrax spacers...?

I just bought a used set of spacers from a guy up north. They seem in good shape, but the studs have some surface rust...probably from the salt and stuff...is it still safe to use these? Anyone have the same issure?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:37 AM
JK Jedi Master

If it's just some surface rust I would get a wire brush and clean it off. I would bet they are safe to use. Just follow the recommended install when installing them.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pretty much any studs that have open ended lugs will have some minor rust. I wouldnt worry about it. Just clean it up a bit and use closed end lugs (like stock).
Old 02-06-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey i sold you the spacers , they are only about a month old.i only used them for a few weeks till my new wheels came. they are fine.. their has been alote of snow around here lately .. but i think they would rust alittle anyway. nothing to worry about .. thanks again
Old 02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Aluminum rusts?

The spacers are made of extruded aluminum, which doesn't rust. What you are seeing is probably rust from the lugs. Moisture gets in the threads and creates a bit of surface rust in the steel lug nuts. I wouldn't worry about it.

You're good to go!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by nclehmann
Aluminum rusts?

The spacers are made of extruded aluminum, which doesn't rust. What you are seeing is probably rust from the lugs. Moisture gets in the threads and creates a bit of surface rust in the steel lug nuts. I wouldn't worry about it.

You're good to go!
The spacer it self is aluminum, but the wheel studs are steel and I believe that is what he is referring to.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
The spacer it self is aluminum, but the wheel studs are steel and I believe that is what he is referring to.
of course!

Probably the same though. The threads have the rust - but it's probably superficial.

Quick Reply: Spidertrax spacers...?