Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger worth the purchase??

Old 10-27-2014, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the surging only in automatics? How is the sprintex different than ripp? I've heard magnuson has good low end torque more so than ripp?
Old 10-27-2014, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Chadam
Is the surging only in automatics? How is the sprintex different than ripp? I've heard magnuson has good low end torque more so than ripp?

The Magnuson and Sprintex are similar with the Twin Screw design. This is different from the Ripp which is a centrifugal design.

Both of the designs work very well but the Twin Screw design is able to build more boost sooner which in turn will give you more HP and TQ sooner. The downside of the Twin Screw is that you typically do not build as much boost in the higher RPM's.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
The Magnuson and Sprintex are similar with the Twin Screw design. This is different from the Ripp which is a centrifugal design. Both of the designs work very well but the Twin Screw design is able to build more boost sooner which in turn will give you more HP and TQ sooner. The downside of the Twin Screw is that you typically do not build as much boost in the higher RPM's.
ok cool thanks alot
Old 10-28-2014, 05:49 AM
Former Vendor

ok cool thanks alot
No problem. Let us know if you have any additional questions.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the surging I read somewhere where Ripp explained it as the factory cruise control has a lag and that it takes a sec for it to register whats going on IIRC.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok gotcha. I think I'd rather have the low end power but does that mean that at highway speeds the performance of sprintex or magnuson wouldn't be as good?
Old 10-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor

Ok gotcha. I think I'd rather have the low end power but does that mean that at highway speeds the performance of sprintex or magnuson wouldn't be as good?
Not that the performance wouldn't be as good just that it will be a more linear power curve. It will feel flatter as the rpm's climb.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive had a ripp supercharger on a couple jks.. happy with the power.. easy to install. inner cooler looks cool lol no issues with mine. gives the jk the kick it needs

Click image for larger version

Name:	1468808_714937791849605_1730002095_n.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	581931
Old 10-28-2014, 08:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smashboogie has it right. If you google, you can find dyno charts for both. The amount of torque before 2000 rpm on the roots type chargers is insane. More than a 6.0L LS. You won't have that turbo boost feeling like the RIPP, but that's because the power peaks earlier and stays there. Assuming the same peak HP numbers, you'd have a faster Jeep with a roots type as the power across the entire range is greater.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Just had the sprintex installed and as far as wheeling goes sprintex all the way. If you did the sprintex and an atlas you've got yourself an impressive rig. I was gonna do a rubi crawler cause an atlas is not in the budget

Quick Reply: Supercharger worth the purchase??