Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips flashpaq gas mileage savings spreadsheet!

Old 02-04-2010, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: superchips with stock vehicle

Originally Posted by roadking54@gmail.com
Is this worth getting if I'm still 100% stock?? I have an unlimited auto w/ 3.73 gears. Can I still get enhanced performance from this device being stock or should I just wait until I get my lift and 35's??

Should I wait until my factory warranty is up before installing the superchip or will this not cause issues at the dealership if I have any warranty work to be done in the future?

Look at the HUGE thread about superchips (search for "Initial Impressions" and you will find over 1,000 posts about it)

There are many using this with a stock setup that say it's fantastic.

My rational; if you have the $ to get it now instead of later, get it, and start saving on gas now. (and you'll love all the other benefits)

I run stock tires (rubicon mtr's) in winter and 37's in summer. This tool is PERFECT for this, as i can easily adjust speedo/optimize shift points through tuning for either scenario, and maximize mpg (and power for the big tires!)

Have a good one
Old 02-05-2010, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wmcvey
One more dumb question. If this "flashpaq" works so good.
Giving you more power, better shift points in the auto, and better MPG.
Then why aren't the Jeeps programed from stock this way.
Doesn't seem to be any down side that I have read about.
WHY??? I think your answer lies in the message below (not bashing the OP)

Originally Posted by cmb396
my computer said 12.2 after the last tank, and now reads 14.6 after the first 50 miles which is higher than it has ever been. \
I don't think MOST of the people are going off the miles driven divided by the gallons used method - they are relying on the dash display to "tell" them the good news and not using a true calculation - the dash displays are a controlled guess at best and since the JK doesn't have a true pair of fuel flowmeters installed (to measure supplied fuel - return fuel = used fuel) then they have to base estimations off of fuel injector flow and injector pulse width averages - I know the factory was OFF in it's calculation - I've tracked mine for over 30k miles so far and not once has the factory been closer than .7 mpg to the 'real' MPG - most of the times 1-1.5 MPG off is usual.

I asked a long time ago if anyone tracked their economy over time and got hardly a response with only one or two "spot checks" on long road trips and such - maybe now that it's been out for a while someone has tracked it over say 10-15 tankfulls (both factory and superchips tuned) and can give a better real average...
Old 02-05-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

I've always checked my mileage manually, and I can say mine has always been withing a couple of points of what my dash display says. I stay between 15 and 16 MPG at stock depending on how and where I drive. I was close to 17 most of the time before all the Ethanol crap.

I hope to get my Superchip today, and I'll continue to check manual and let you guys know.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Superchips vs. Hypertech ECON

Not sure if this is the best thread, but has anyone been able to compare the mileage results with the superchips flashpaq versus the Hypertech Max Energy Econ? While performance gains are great, I'm really on interested in improving my mpg. Any information would be helpful, especially since I've dropped at least 1mpg since putting on my winch (really need to switch to synthetic -drop the weight).
Old 03-14-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WNCJEEP
Not sure if this is the best thread, but has anyone been able to compare the mileage results with the superchips flashpaq versus the Hypertech Max Energy Econ? While performance gains are great, I'm really on interested in improving my mpg. Any information would be helpful, especially since I've dropped at least 1mpg since putting on my winch (really need to switch to synthetic -drop the weight).
I would have a hard time believing that adding a winch changed you MPG.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mpg

Originally Posted by wmcvey
I would have a hard time believing that adding a winch changed you MPG.
Yeah, me too . . . but it has dropped about 1mpg. I figure it is just the weight over the front end.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok. I am trusting you guys on this one. I just ordered the flashpaq from Northridge. My wife will be so proud of me.

Gas mileage improvement will be a plus but I am mainly looking for some performance increase as well as looking forward to getting my speedo calibrated correctly since the 35s have it messed up pretty good.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default Mpg

This a great thread. I'm alittle ocd about gas mileage. I check each tank manually(miles driven/gallons). My jeep when bone stock got 23.2 when I really was careful. However after adding larger tires/wheels, aftermarket bumber/winch, rock rails. My mpg dropped to 19.5. Not good imo. Does the flashpak effect the factory warranty? I'm verrrry interested in my mpg.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OKJeep
This a great thread. I'm alittle ocd about gas mileage. I check each tank manually(miles driven/gallons). My jeep when bone stock got 23.2 when I really was careful. However after adding larger tires/wheels, aftermarket bumber/winch, rock rails. My mpg dropped to 19.5. Not good imo. Does the flashpak effect the factory warranty? I'm verrrry interested in my mpg.
It will not void the warranty. If you have to take it in to be serviced just plug the flashpaq back in and remove the tune. It saves the stock settings.

I even took my jeep in last week for a recall about the hot oil light for the automatic transmissions. And I just told them right off the bat that I had a flashpac installed and if it would be a problem I could remove it. He replied shouldn't be a problem at all. He was more surprised that I already had a trany cooler installed.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Default mpg/flashpaq

Ok, that settles it. I'm ordering mine right after Easter. I gave up buying jeep stuff for lent. By far the hardest thing I've ever given up.

Quick Reply: Superchips flashpaq gas mileage savings spreadsheet!