Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superlift or ft track bar

Old 08-24-2007, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflifette
We have the FT track bars with almost 10,000 miles on them....and have only greased them once when installing them. They have been quiet since day 1. I don't know if the type of grease you use makes a difference or not, but we used white lithium grease, which is resistant to water and doesn't wash out very easily.
Your pic made me realize that I have not been greasing inside because I've just been assuming that the snapping sound was coming from binding between the outside walls and the frame mount. I did grease the inside (with white lithium grease, for the record) when I first installed it, but subsequent greasings have been outside-only. Strange that it does solve the problem temporarily, but next time I do it I'll pry that thing apart and hit the inside also.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Your pic made me realize that I have not been greasing inside because I've just been assuming that the snapping sound was coming from binding between the outside walls and the frame mount. I did grease the inside (with white lithium grease, for the record) when I first installed it, but subsequent greasings have been outside-only. Strange that it does solve the problem temporarily, but next time I do it I'll pry that thing apart and hit the inside also.
So if it is the inside, putting a zerk on it might work..?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
So if it is the inside, putting a zerk on it might work..?
If the creaking is coming from the inside, then it makes more sense to me that a zerk would work.

In order to (hopefully) un-hijack this thread, here's the discussion of adding the zerk to the FT bars: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/grease-zerk-trac-bar-12250/
Old 08-24-2007, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you add a zerk to the FT, where can you find white lithium in a grease tube?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RipperMan
if you add a zerk to the FT, where can you find white lithium in a grease tube?
Im hijacking it a little more Can you use Green grease on them instead of white lithium? Its waterproof and says it is compatible with white lithium greases and can be used for any application. But does anyone know for sure?

Quick Reply: Superlift or ft track bar