Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sway Bar Disconnect

Old 05-01-2009, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it OK to disconnect on a Rubicon?

I have the JKS quicker's on my Rubi (came w/Clayton lift). At full flex and hard steer, the driver's side link inverted and came down on the wrong side of the swaybar.
Since then, I've disconnected them manually rather than use the e-disco. I've got posts above the shocks to hang them on, similar to the writeup.

I've heard, though, that doing this on a Rubicon is bad for the e-disco. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Bueller? Anyone?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leros
big fan of the TF ones. i like havin a place to secure the disconnected swaybar w/ out having to use bungees or zipties.
X2, they work great.

RC makes discos for $50 now...
Old 05-03-2009, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have a full traction 3'' lift and honestly i dont like how my sway bar disconects, first of all they arte very hard to disconecty and second they make allot of noise, its starting to bother because it sounds like somthing down there y bad....... whith that lift what sway bar disconects do you recoment that has the same long of theful traaction ones?????
Old 05-03-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Super Freak

As for the rough country ones for $50...anyone have them? Do they secure up and away like the TF ones?

Here's a link

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtr...sconnects.html
Old 05-03-2009, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

ive heard nothing but bad things about the r/c disconnects. a few people here had them and said it took longer to disconnect those than the stock ones.

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Disconnect