Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: TeraFlex, MetalCloak, or other?
TeraFlex
33.33%
MetalCloak
58.33%
other
8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

TeraFlex 2.5" lift or MetalCloak 2.5" lift?

Old 12-15-2015, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Driving like a POS isn't just about the name on the side of the box or the sticker on the component. It is also about learning what all you are changing when you start adding suspension height, which components fix those issues, and then installing/maintaining them correctly. Wouldn't be hard to find a Teraflex or Metalcloak that drives worse than a Rough Country or ProComp or any other mfg, simply because of the install, or because of worn out joints/ends, or whatever.

A BB will be like any other lift, it's all about your knowledge and expectations. At 2-2.5" some people don't bother correcting caster, others do. Same with axle centering, and brakelines, and bumpstops, and everything else. You either want to correct it, or you don't. But again, the fact that you chose a spacer instead of a coil or mfg A instead of mfg B, nope, not really the reason for driving like crap. (and btw, wasn't trying to talk you into or out of any specific lift, just raising a point...)

And if you choose the no lift/flat flare route, remember that there is more to it than just slapping the flares and tires on. You still need to check all the clearances, backspace, bumpstops, etc, especially with the tires stuffed. Don't wait til you're out in the boonies to find out that you're about to shred a tire.
I appreciate you raising that point! I want as much information that I can get before making my decision. Information from JK owners is exactly what I'm looking for before making an investment. I really appreciate everything man!

Originally Posted by Flex_Junkie
I would buy a basic, reputable (Rock krawler, Teraflex, metal cloak, rubicon express) 2.5" kit with some decent shocks. Drive it, see how you like it. If it's too flighty or hard to drive (which it probably won't be but everyone has their own opinion and thoughts) get a front track bar and either geo brackets or adjustable lower front control arms and it will be better than factory. Unless you want to dive into the world of crawling and Offroad ventures then by all means go balls out lol
For now, I feel like I'll stay away from the crawling lol! Just bought the Jeep and it's my daily. Maybe in a couple years I'll grow a pair to going crawling!
I like that plan of going with a basic kit and seeing how it drives. Hopefully this will save me some money.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Flex_Junkie
Exactly, you can run Rock krawler springs, Teraflex control arms, jks track bars, and throw a metal cloak sticker on the yeti for good measure. There are several people on here that watch the for sale section and build their lifts out of all different/used parts.
Haha ......!!
Old 12-15-2015, 02:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnath_3
Should I beef up the Dana 30 with an axle assurance kit from Synergy? If I can get away with 35s with just flat fenders I'll do that.
Wouldn't hurt.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm quite satisfied with my 2.5 TeraFlex. I'm still running 33's and rides great both on and off road, before i step up to 35's I will be regearing, have 3.73 now but really can't complain too much with its performance.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

after many suggestions and more research. I decided on a couple of items.

TeraFlex 2.5" Coil lift w/ 9550 shocks
TeraFlex adjustable front trackbar
Mickey Thompson 315/75R16 ATZP3
16" ATX Revine rims - Matte Grey

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I appreciate it. I think the setup will be what I am looking for and not break the bank.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go with better shocks, 17" wheels and tires and maybe look at some caster correction either with brackets or adjustable front lowers.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

You'd be fool not to save some serious cash and do N4x4's deal on a TF kit wth Ranch 9K's.
TeraFlex JK 2 Door or 4 Door, 2.5 inch Lift Kit - TER-PROMO-1

Add the TF front adjustable track bar and TF sport front lower control arms and call it a day.

You won't go wrong with either brand. I've run both and both are top shelf. Both are upgrade-able. MC GC is nice, but when you get into the $3k plus range TF has some incredible kits too and some that MC can't touch.

Personally, I run a frankenlift with MC springs, lowers, OME shocks and everything else TF.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

And don't forget exhaust spacers or even better an Adams 1310 front driveshaft.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed the teraflex 2.5 with rancho 9000,s added track-bar and adjustable lower control arms , ride really surprised me , it rides great!! ,it is my wife's daily driver ,
Old 12-17-2015, 01:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnath_3
after many suggestions and more research. I decided on a couple of items.

TeraFlex 2.5" Coil lift w/ 9550 shocks
TeraFlex adjustable front trackbar
Mickey Thompson 315/75R16 ATZP3
16" ATX Revine rims - Matte Grey

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I appreciate it. I think the setup will be what I am looking for and not break the bank.
spend the extra little bit of money and get the teraflex fox shocks. the 9550s are ok, but they wear out quicker than others. They are the only product that teraflex makes that I would skip.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 2.5" lift or MetalCloak 2.5" lift?