Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex lift concerns

Old 09-12-2012, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teraflex lift concerns

Currently my jeep has a tf 2.5" budget boost. I am going to be adding a rugged ridge XHD steel bumper and winch. Im afraid once those are added my front end wont be at 2.5" anymore.

Looking for oppinions on if I should order the tf 2.5" springs to replace the spacers?

Guess Im wondering what lift 2dr wranglers are seeing with the tf 2.5" spring lift after adding heavy items like a winch and steel bumper? Since I know without those heavy items people were seeing much more then 2.5"......think it was more like 3.5"?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think u should get the teraflex 2.5" coil lift and install it, then sell the BB on here. I went with the TF 2.5 coil lift and it's awesome. Let me know if u have other questions
Old 09-12-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well i originally went with the bb because of fear of going over 3" with the spring version and messing up the driveshafts.
Now that im only adding weight to the front, my thought is get just the front 2.5" springs. Then when I get a rear bumper and full size 35" spare add the rear springs......?

Basically is the bb good for bone stock and the spring kit for jeeps with offf road bumpers and winches?

At least as far as achieving advertised lifts?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Btw i did list my front spacers for sale. Not sure how easy it will be to sell only the front spacers?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the RRXHD bumper with the storage caps, winch and RR sway bar skid plate... also some skids underneath.

These are measured from the driver side front fender - just in front of the fender light.
started at 31 5/8
RRXHD bumper and winch = 30 1/2
off road was pretty rough hit the bump stops a lot...
after lift
2 1/2 TF left shocks and springs - 4DR kit (better springs) = 34 3/8
storage caps, RR skid plate.. and a year and half later. = 34

ride is awesome on and off road. Great lift.

cheers
Old 09-13-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

should have the winch and bumper on this weekend.

If after the install, my drop is only like 1/2-1" is it possible to add an additional spacer on top of the budget boost spacer? Or will I have to swap out for taller lift springs?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by last5liter
should have the winch and bumper on this weekend.

If after the install, my drop is only like 1/2-1" is it possible to add an additional spacer on top of the budget boost spacer? Or will I have to swap out for taller lift springs?
Coil spacers will do the trick
Old 09-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by last5liter
Well i originally went with the bb because of fear of going over 3" with the spring version and messing up the driveshafts.
Now that im only adding weight to the front, my thought is get just the front 2.5" springs. Then when I get a rear bumper and full size 35" spare add the rear springs......?

Basically is the bb good for bone stock and the spring kit for jeeps with offf road bumpers and winches?

At least as far as achieving advertised lifts?
A BB kit uses stock coils, the downside is that stock coils seem to compress overtime when heavy aftermarket bumpers are added. I would suggest 2.5" front coils for a 2dr with 1/2" coil spacers. Now you can use the 4dr 2.5" coils, those will be taller than the 2 dr. But you might end up taller than what you want.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
A BB kit uses stock coils, the downside is that stock coils seem to compress overtime when heavy aftermarket bumpers are added. I would suggest 2.5" front coils for a 2dr with 1/2" coil spacers. Now you can use the 4dr 2.5" coils, those will be taller than the 2 dr. But you might end up taller than what you want.

what amount of lift should I expect in the front with the TF 2.5" 2dr coils part #1853052

keep in mind these will be used along with a smittybilt X2O comp-8 winch (synthetic rope) and a rugged ridge XHD steel front stubby bumper with hoop and stubby ends.

people say soft top 2dr jeeps bone stock see around 3.25" so with my set-up maybe 2.75"...?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There are dozens of possible options but if you want to keep it simple just replace the stock X springs with a pair of 18 or 19 fronts from a JKU Rubicon. The rears could be changed at the same time if you happen to find a set of 4 springs.

Quick Reply: teraflex lift concerns