Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Textured Protective Paint job

Old 01-02-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
Spyderjk or something along those lines did. His is black and decked out with poison spyder gear. It's neat and looks crazy durable.
Saw his. It does look great. It is durable and easy to clean. I've got all mine done too in desert tan and black.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have to brag a little. First hail storm since I got my line-x put on and zero dents and damage. Now I'm really glad I got it put on after the last hail storm last year

http://youtu.be/xLPqJ2qRNfY
Old 06-17-2014, 02:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PFTWHFTB
Here are a few
How much did that set you back??
Looks great by the way
Old 06-17-2014, 02:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stangmike1
How much did that set you back?? Looks great by the way
Thanks! It's great to have. Awesome on treed trails and cleans up easily with just a pressure washer.

$5k, but my insurance paid for over half due to hail damage. That was for the body and the top. Subtract $1,500 if you didn't want the top done. Took them 5 days to do it.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Looks great, I'll have to keep it in mind when I need to do the outside of mine.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ouroborus2012
My grill is bedlined and yeah, it's a bit of a pain in the arse to clean... .Specifically mud .... But, i do love the look and it pains me to scratch mine in the woods as well! It's the price we pay for being Jeepers! Deal with scrubbing the mud out or deal with those pinstripes!
Bedlining the grill...now that's a concept I like because the grill tubs need protection bad! Assumedly once it's dry, there is no issue with flammability. Also, curious if any "toxins" are released into food at temperature. Just a thought. 😷
Old 06-18-2014, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls
Spyderjk or something along those lines did. His is black and decked out with poison spyder gear. It's neat and looks crazy durable.
If you have any questions shoot me a pm, there should also be plenty of pics in my profile. As for durability mine has been done for 2 years now and still looks brand new
Old 06-18-2014, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Saw a Kevlar jeep in texas take direct hood hits from baseball size hail. Not dent in it. The hard top did not fair so well!!

Sent using smoke signals
Old 06-19-2014, 01:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dbmoorejr
Saw a Kevlar jeep in texas take direct hood hits from baseball size hail. Not dent in it. The hard top did not fair so well!! Sent using smoke signals
I can believe it. That stuff is tough. My top is line-X'ed too wonder how it would fair. The Kevlar and line-x is the same stuff. Mine has the Kevlar coating on it.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is it against hail. There's other videos on the channel of the line-X'ed jk.

http://youtu.be/xLPqJ2qRNfY

Quick Reply: Textured Protective Paint job