Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Textured Protective Paint job

Old 09-07-2013, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Textured Protective Paint job

I had to get my JK detailed yesterday after getting tons of surface scratches after rolling through some woods last week. A little wet sand and compound did he trick.

The detail shop happened to have another Jeep custmer there and showed me the paint job they had that prevented similar scratches. It was a black granite like color, very rough to the touch. It had just come back from trailing the same place with only scratches on the plastic mirrors. Apparently, the Jeep can from Texas with all the bells and whistles.

Does anyone know what type of paint job this is? The cost? And can you get this done on the east coast?

Thanks all..
Old 09-07-2013, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Jeep was covered in bed liner. I'm not certain the specific brand (I think I that dealer uses something Kevlar based). There are a wide range of bed liners at different prices and quality. There are do-it-yourself kits or companies such as Line-X or Rhino Lining.

My tub is coated in Line-X. I plan to do the exterior of my Jeep once it is more beat up.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jlmo
The Jeep was covered in bed liner. I'm not certain the specific brand (I think I that dealer uses something Kevlar based). There are a wide range of bed liners at different prices and quality. There are do-it-yourself kits or companies such as Line-X or Rhino Lining.

My tub is coated in Line-X. I plan to do the exterior of my Jeep once it is more beat up.
Thanks!! I did find Starwood Motors in TX that sells custom jeeps which I am certain the one i saw was from. It was super durable and scratch resistant, although getting it muddy must be a pain in the azz to clean.

I fond both you mentioned, LineX Body Armor and the Dupont Kevlar Fiber. From what I found its about 5k for a shop to do it. I peaked my interest, but I could really do some better MODs with 5k first.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

My grill is bedlined and yeah, it's a bit of a pain in the arse to clean... .Specifically mud .... But, i do love the look and it pains me to scratch mine in the woods as well! It's the price we pay for being Jeepers! Deal with scrubbing the mud out or deal with those pinstripes!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

I am a Manager and sprayer at Camoliner, we have over 450 full exterior sprays under our belt. We spray for most of the dealers you see that carry lined vehicles. I will let you figure out who that is on your own.

www.camoliner.com]CamoLiner - Extreme Bed Liners[/url]

Send me a message if you have any questions.

Last edited by Ryan0260; 11-01-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jlmo
The Jeep was covered in bed liner. I'm not certain the specific brand (I think I that dealer uses something Kevlar based). There are a wide range of bed liners at different prices and quality. There are do-it-yourself kits or companies such as Line-X or Rhino Lining. My tub is coated in Line-X. I plan to do the exterior of my Jeep once it is more beat up.
How much did it cost you to spray your tub with Line-X??
Old 10-31-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my exterior Line-X'ed after hail damage. Got it done in desert tan body and the top in black. Both premium Line-X with the glossy Kevlar coating. Love it. Cleans up great. I'm sure I will continue to like it.

I will post pics as soon as the app is allowing me to do it. The pics are in my profile in the meantime.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here are a few
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2099
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	509259   Click image for larger version

Views:	1712
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	509260   Click image for larger version

Views:	1578
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	509261   Click image for larger version

Views:	1857
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	509262   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1059350986.jpg
Views:	1453
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	509263  

Old 01-02-2014, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone else go get line-X'ed ?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:44 PM
JK Junkie

Spyderjk or something along those lines did. His is black and decked out with poison spyder gear. It's neat and looks crazy durable.

Quick Reply: Textured Protective Paint job