Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Textured Protective Paint job

Old 08-12-2014, 11:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PFTWHFTB
Thanks! It's great to have. Awesome on treed trails and cleans up easily with just a pressure washer.

$5k, but my insurance paid for over half due to hail damage. That was for the body and the top. Subtract $1,500 if you didn't want the top done. Took them 5 days to do it.
thats about right, they have to take off everything they are painting, strip the old paint to bare metal, prep, and then repaint with liner so tons of labor + the liner cost. Looks really good too, does it take to having decals re-applyed?
Old 08-12-2014, 11:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
thats about right, they have to take off everything they are painting, strip the old paint to bare metal, prep, and then repaint with liner so tons of labor + the liner cost. Looks really good too, does it take to having decals re-applyed?

Actually they only rough the factory paint up with 30 grit sandpaper. Not to bare metal cause they said it sticks better. But it is tons of labor.

Thanks. I love it. Been on almost a year now. I've never tried to put any decals back on. I'm sure it would take decals alright though.

Quick Reply: Textured Protective Paint job