Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 2.5 BB w/ 1.5 SpdrTrx & Stock 32's ?

Old 08-27-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF 2.5 BB w/ 1.5 SpdrTrx & Stock 32's ?

I have a few questions regarding a lift combo I would like to order before I need to buy new tires (33's in the future). I have been searching this site for photos of a JK 2 door with a TF 2.5 BB, 1.5 SpiderTrax spacers and stock 32" Rubi tires but have only found mostly pics of the flex versus stance on the street (I know I'll have plenty of clearance for flex), anyone have that combo with street pics to share? I am also wondering what people recommend with the 2.5" BB lift, do the shock extensions work fine or is it a weak point in the lift and I need to spend the extra money on the longer shocks?

Also, I noticed TF sells a 1.25" spacer made out of steel versus SpiderTrax 1.5" aluminum, has anybody had issues with the aluminum, I would rather do it since it saves weight at the wheel but want to make sure it is strong enough?

Thanks for all the great write-ups and discussions on this site!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

i am in the same position right now! I think I am going to go for the shock extensions since the rubi shocks are already quite good.....and its cheaper for now.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

First off, welcome to JK-Forum!!

Secondly, I did some searching and haven't found pics of a 2-door yet but found pics of JulietKilo's Unlimited with the setup you're talking about....TF 2.5" BB, Spdertrax Spacers, and stock 32's:

Thread can be found here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...l+spacers+lift
Old 08-27-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
First off, welcome to JK-Forum!!

Secondly, I did some searching and haven't found pics of a 2-door yet but found pics of JulietKilo's Unlimited with the setup you're talking about....TF 2.5" BB, Spdertrax Spacers, and stock 32's:

Thread can be found here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...l+spacers+lift
The look for the 4 door is great with 2.5" and spacers with 32's (even better with 33's in future). Any ideas on the shock extensions and spacers?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pbungar
I have a few questions regarding a lift combo I would like to order before I need to buy new tires (33's in the future). I have been searching this site for photos of a JK 2 door with a TF 2.5 BB, 1.5 SpiderTrax spacers and stock 32" Rubi tires but have only found mostly pics of the flex versus stance on the street (I know I'll have plenty of clearance for flex), anyone have that combo with street pics to share? I am also wondering what people recommend with the 2.5" BB lift, do the shock extensions work fine or is it a weak point in the lift and I need to spend the extra money on the longer shocks?

Also, I noticed TF sells a 1.25" spacer made out of steel versus SpiderTrax 1.5" aluminum, has anybody had issues with the aluminum, I would rather do it since it saves weight at the wheel but want to make sure it is strong enough?

Welcome to the forum and THANK YOU for considering a TeraFlex kit. Feel free to call me if you have any questions. You'll find in the vendor section several great TeraFlex dealers.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got the TF 2.5" BB with shock adapters and 1.5 spidertrax spacers and 32's. Here:

If you want any more pics let me know!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

The look for the 4 door is great with 2.5" and spacers with 32's (even better with 33's in future). Any ideas on the shock extensions and spacers?
No experience with the wheel spacers myself, but I do have some TF shock extensions and have had NO problems at all so far...even sprayed em black so you can't even tell they're there, just looks like part of the shock.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

If your going to hang stuff on the front, like a different bumper and winch. Go with the TF2.5 coil spring boost! Yo'll be very happy
Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Close - 2 Door, TF 2.5" Spring, Shock Extensions, 1.5" Spidertrax, stock 32s:

I'm really happy with it.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HahaJK
I got the TF 2.5" BB with shock adapters and 1.5 spidertrax spacers and 32's. Here:

If you want any more pics let me know!
Love the look with the 3 pics on this thread, going with the TF 2.5" with shock extensions and SpiderTrax since no one seems to have issues with the alum. versus steel with the TF spacers. 33's will be next when I need the tires. Thanks for all the pics and feedback!

Quick Reply: TF 2.5 BB w/ 1.5 SpdrTrx & Stock 32's ?