Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control and Check Engine Light

Old 10-09-2015, 05:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like going into limp mode? I would start by taking out abs sensors and cleaning them. Not sure if limp mode would cause a check engine light?

Last edited by GunDude; 10-09-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GunDude
Sounds like going into limp mode? I would start by taking out abs sensors and cleaning them.

Everything I am reading says its the Camshaft Positioning Sensor, Wheel Speed Sensor or the Head..............
Old 10-09-2015, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default wellllllll.........

so I put my inTune DiabloSport on it to see the code and it was the "Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Intermittent" code # P0349. I cleared the code and went ride around with the Traction Control on then off after fueling up. Neither one of the lights have come back on...........yet. My drive home will be in the hills so we shall see what happens.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Default Traction Control Light

We have had almost the same issue with Traction Control Light being on. After the 3 inch was put on; I took it to have the front end aligned, got on the freeway and the ESP and Traction Control light came on. Had to pull over, driving it was crazy at first. Got home and the wife turned off the ESP manually from the Jeep owners book, but today and for the last maybe 6 months, that light is still on. All sensors have been replaced; the steering wheel is centered as it should be. No one has any idea what is causing this.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Default Traction light and lost power

Similar thing here. Traction light came on briefly, immediately after this, the traction power was off completely as if it was in neutral, since the tachometer accelerated during this short seconds. After 5 seconds the traction was back on, however the manual shift changer was not responding. This happened some 3 or 4 times. Got home, everything seemed normal. I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes.
Got back on the road and as of now it seems ok. Maybe a computer hiccup like a gentleman mentioned earlier. Thanks my friends.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fix

Does anyone Know the fix for this my dealer can’t seem to find the fix!

Thanks,
The following users liked this post:
ryan2mr (10-12-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same thing happening to me. Replaced both cam shaft sensors, replaced crank shaft sensor, replaced driver side camshaft sensor pigtail and reprogrammed the PCM. Nothing and the mechanics have no other theories so I have to take it somewhere else.
Has anyone fixed theirs?!?!
Brian Petretta (10-12-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan2mr
Same thing happening to me. Replaced both cam shaft sensors, replaced crank shaft sensor, replaced driver side camshaft sensor pigtail and reprogrammed the PCM. Nothing and the mechanics have no other theories so I have to take it somewhere else.
Has anyone fixed theirs?!?!
Cannot seem to find the problem. I have it at the dealership and they think it is the Exhaust and cam phasers intermittently sticking which is causing the concern.
ryan2mr (10-12-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Petretta
Cannot seem to find the problem. I have it at the dealership and they think it is the Exhaust and cam phasers intermittently sticking which is causing the concern.
thanks for the reply! If you don’t mind, keep me updated if anything works! I’ll post if I have any luck
Brian Petretta (10-12-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Unhappy Same problem just started on 2013 JKU

Checking in on this issue. My 2013 JKU Sport with 81K miles just started doing this while driving on the interstate in traffic. I see a lot of JKUs with the same problem but no fixes. Has anyone gotten this issue fixed?
zman23 (10-31-2021)

Quick Reply: Traction Control and Check Engine Light