Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transmission Noise any help appreciated!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Generally the jk manual transmission is strong. It's the shit ass clutch that's the problem. Could've overheated the clutch using hi also.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
Generally the jk manual transmission is strong. It's the shit ass clutch that's the problem. Could've overheated the clutch using hi also.
Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best then! Thank you for replying and helping me out. Once I find out what it is I will surely post somewhere on here my problem so that somebody else has a little more to go off of.

I love this forum!

Thanks again!

Don't let that stop anybody else from posting your experiences with a similar situation though! I'm all ears to other situations.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by goncalo
Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best then! Thank you for replying and helping me out. Once I find out what it is I will surely post somewhere on here my problem so that somebody else has a little more to go off of.

I love this forum!

Thanks again!

Don't let that stop anybody else from posting your experiences with a similar situation though! I'm all ears to other situations.
I have the same noise. Haven't been in water/mud. Changed all fluids too. Sounds like pebbles occasionally being vibrated loose or two metal pieces barely touching.

There is no loss of power, only happens during acceleration, and isn't consistant with the RPMs. Let us know what you find out.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

I have the same issue, paid 800 to get the transmission dropped and replace the throw out bearing...noise went away for a few months and then came back, grrr. Now I'm just driving on it, it's annoying but I'm hoping it'll last until the clutch wears out and I can just replace everything clutch related.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mtb856
I have the same issue, paid 800 to get the transmission dropped and replace the throw out bearing...noise went away for a few months and then came back, grrr. Now I'm just driving on it, it's annoying but I'm hoping it'll last until the clutch wears out and I can just replace everything clutch related.
I will probably end up replacing everything with centerforce now that I know how crappy the current setup is. Once I get the cash to swap that stuff out that is :( just empty every pocket right?
Old 03-28-2012, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

When my clutch is pushed in it's quiet when I let it out in gear and neutral it makes like a lite grinding sandpaper on metal noise. They dropped the tranny and replaced 2 nd gear now second gear whines like I have a super charger. Kind of a cool noise lol

Quick Reply: Transmission Noise any help appreciated!