Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trying to decide between these 2 exhaust system. Any advice appreciatted.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to decide between these 2 exhaust system. Any advice appreciatted.

Please Help me make up my mind w/ system is better. Specially if you have experience w/ them.
Thanks.

Flowmaster Force II Cat-back Exhaust System for the 3.8 engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq5XmNHgTo4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq5XmNHgTo4 <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/aq5XmNHgTo4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;c ontrols=0&amp;sh owinfo=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/aq5XmNHgTo4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;c ontrols=0&amp;sh owinfo=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

aFe Jeep Wrangler JK Power Package Install Note: I have an AEV Snorkle installed.

aFe Power Mach Force XP Hi-Tuck 3" CAT Back Exhaust
For 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 3.8L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuyZGlWQedo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuyZGlWQedo <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/YuyZGlWQedo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;c ontrols=0&amp;sh owinfo=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/YuyZGlWQedo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;c ontrols=0&amp;sh owinfo=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Click image for larger version

Name:	117370-add3-lg.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	579449
Old 10-12-2014, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an afe hi tuck....and I say get the flowmaster. Just my opinion
Old 10-12-2014, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
I have an afe hi tuck....and I say get the flowmaster. Just my opinion
Thank you I will give Flowmaster 1 vote

Any particular reason you don't recommend the Afe ?
Old 10-12-2014, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Ok, I found your posted in regards to the Afe. It answer my question.

I do not know if that one is the same in the Video I posted.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-raspy-311382/
Old 10-12-2014, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its the same. The Mach force and the scorpion are the same exhaust, only the scorpions muffler is aluminized. Though mine is 2.5" not 3" so don't know if that will affect sound. But it sounds like its the muffler itself.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have any experience with them on a Jeep, but I have experience with most of them on other cars. I would recommend something that's not on your list. Magnaflow. I have yet to install an exhaust system that is better built than Magnaflow. Most aftermarket systems will give similar performance gains (actually minimal ...lol), since the restrictive parts of the exhaust usually have to remain on the vehicle for emissions. So with that get something that will sound good and last forever and maybe give a benefit like better clearance.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah.....in my experience and everything I've read, you can't go wrong with flowmaster or magnaflow. I had a magnaflow exhaust on an '11 jk 2dr and loved the sound.
I took a chance on afe with my '14 jku and it was a bad choice.

I have an afe stage 2 intake and that's fine. But the exhaust is lame
Old 10-12-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

I have the AFE Mach Force High Tuck and I am very happy with it so far. It is true it has a little rasp on cold start up but that goes away quickly. Once warmed up it sounds great. Build quality and fitment were excellent too.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:37 PM
JK Newbie

I plan on putting banks monster exhaust on soon but if I had to choose something else it would be magnaflow or borla.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by collyn
i don't have any experience with them on a jeep, but i have experience with most of them on other cars. I would recommend something that's not on your list. Magnaflow. I have yet to install an exhaust system that is better built than magnaflow. Most aftermarket systems will give similar performance gains (actually minimal ...lol), since the restrictive parts of the exhaust usually have to remain on the vehicle for emissions. So with that get something that will sound good and last forever and maybe give a benefit like better clearance.
aka catalytic convertors!

Quick Reply: Trying to decide between these 2 exhaust system. Any advice appreciatted.