Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Upgrade Decisions.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah ok. Well as long as there is a chance at making my engine whistle a little more I think it's worth it I guess :P I guess I'll just have to get it and hope for the best. But what is the best cai? Does anyone run volant?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ibjeepr
In my humble opinion...I don't have much cash SO...
I wanted cheap little upgrades that hopefully the sum would be greater than the parts. My real target was any improvement in MPG and at least some noticable power increase. Also nothing permenant since I'm not 100% i'll be keeping the truck at the end of the lease althought that is my plan (never know what might come out )

1. I added the CAI and TBS right away when i got the truck (the TBS was free with the CAI at the time)
The seat of the pants test says..very slight power improvement. Don't know what MPGs stock would have been since I added it right away. I've been averaging 18-19 MPG at least 50% highway driving.

2. I just added the Jet stage one chip. The seat seat of the pants test says...nice improvement but probably because It works well with the CAI& TBS. I hear the air whistling through the TBS much more now too, even at lower RPM's, indicating better low end power probably. Engine also feels stronger and sounds less...chaotic. Too soon to tell about MPG but it always makes me want to drive it more aggressively...

3. Next I want to add a better exhaust (stock is already rusty anyway). My expectation here is again slight further increase in power and MPG for a minimal cost.

In all i can say I'm satisfied that all the improvements made a positive difference.

Edit: Oh and I've always believed in synthetic oil it makes the engine rev easier and improves efficiency. I recommend it to aid in power and MPG as well.

TRUCK THAT IS A BAD WORD ON THIS FORUM. YOU BETTER WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP RIGHT AWAY!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Supercharge it!

Quick Reply: Upgrade Decisions.