Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Weighed my JK

Old 07-23-2009, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weighed my JK

With the fuel lite on, gauge reading empty, my 200 lbs but in the seat. It weighed in at 5900 lbs. Holy Crap that V6 doesn't stand a chance.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:16 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

actually, that's not too bad. i talked to mel the other day and he said his came in at over 7000
Old 07-23-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
holy crap, what do you guys have done?!
Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a great thread!!! I don't think enough of us are thinking about how heavy these Jeeps become when you start doing mods. Nobody thinks it's a big deal on the "Evap skid vs relocate" threads when I bring up the fact that a skid weighs an extra 20 lbs. over relocating it.
I'm headed to Bronco Peak this weekend and I've already got the hardtop in the garage. I'm going to take off the doors and remove my rear seat in an effort to drop some weight. I may even remove my PureJeep rear bumper and tire carrier and remove my tailgate and strap my spare in the back.

Once again Great thread.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:44 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
holy crap, what do you guys have done?!
ummm, installed a ton of heavy crap
Old 07-23-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

What would be standard weight for a stock 2 door & 4 door?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:47 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
This is a great thread!!! I don't think enough of us are thinking about how heavy these Jeeps become when you start doing mods. Nobody thinks it's a big deal on the "Evap skid vs relocate" threads when I bring up the fact that a skid weighs an extra 20 lbs. over relocating it.
I'm headed to Bronco Peak this weekend and I've already got the hardtop in the garage. I'm going to take off the doors and remove my rear seat in an effort to drop some weight. I may even remove my PureJeep rear bumper and tire carrier and remove my tailgate and strap my spare in the back.

Once again Great thread.
weight in and of itself is not a problem - it's a matter of where it is that'll screw you up on the trail. getting rid of things like your hard top and doors for the trail will free up a lot of weight up high and help keep your cog down but you might want to keep things like your bumpers on as they are attached to your frame and should help you out.

for a trail like bronco peak, you'll do just fine but i would recommend that you go doorless. for one, it'll be hot as hell out there and for 2, you'll be gald that you did towards the bottom where it gets real tight.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:50 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by patsav
What would be standard weight for a stock 2 door & 4 door?
on a 2-door, the curb weight of an X is 3,760 lbs. and a rubicon is 4,129 lbs. everything else is somewhere in between.

on an unlimited, the curb weight of an X is 4,075 lbs and a rubicon is 4,340 lbs. and everything else is somewhere in between.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I asked the question on weight, and it was answered within 5 min. wow ...I love this forum.

Thanks WOL
Old 07-23-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

thanks, thats actually interesting to know. Now I just have to find a place to weigh the JK. Since we are on the topic of weight. What would be considered too much and thus start to cause a worry?

Quick Reply: Weighed my JK