Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What have you done to your interior 07-10 ?

Old 01-06-2019, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What have you done to your interior 07-10 ?

What type of updates/ mods have you done to your interior? Let the pics flow
Old 01-06-2019, 01:58 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Following videos I made for the western half of the TransAmerica Trail (TAT) I put together some build videos for my Jeep. You can find direct links to those parts of the videos in the following links. The time (NN:NN) is the start time on that section of the video for the build discussion (prior to that it is about the TAT run). Perhaps you'll find something useful ...

Part 1, 13:36. Mapping, the products we use in the field, and what we use to process routes and maps before a trip.
Part 2, 15:55. Camera gear used in the field.
Part 3, 13:30. Photo and video editing hardware and software I use in the field and at home.
Part 4, 13:25. Route planning – How to create a route in Google Maps and make it suitable for use in Backcountry Navigator.
Part 5, 12:20. Communications gear.
Part 6, 14:41. Electrical system modifications to my Jeep.
Part 7, 13:50. How I use the Nexus 7 Android tablet in my Jeep.
Part 8, 14:58. Modifications I’ve done to my Jeep. (Note that communications gear, electrical mods and camp life are addressed separately).
Part 9, 14:18. Camp life.
Part 10, 19:10. Tools and recovery gear I use.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I replaced my Uconnect/Nav unit with a new Pioneer unit with Android Auto. This was a much needed upgrade for not only navigation, but in use of the phone, as well. I got a great deal on it at Best Buy with free installation. I feel like the old JK's avionics are now up to date.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
I replaced my Uconnect/Nav unit with a new Pioneer unit with Android Auto. This was a much needed upgrade for not only navigation, but in use of the phone, as well. I got a great deal on it at Best Buy with free installation. I feel like the old JK's avionics are now up to date.
Does this unit still work with your steering wheel controls?
Old 01-06-2019, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jabeaudett
Does this unit still work with your steering wheel controls?
07-10 JK's didn't have steering wheel controls.

If you're looking to swap out your head unit and keep your steering wheel controls, here's a good thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...-291407/page2/

Last edited by BoraBora; 01-06-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

First off, swapped all of the speakers out for Kicker speakers, then removed the factory sub and added a small 8” Kicker Solobaric sub in the rear. Still has plenty of room for my toolbox, straps, etc. Then added Trek Armor seat covers...now called Bartact. Absolutely love these things, even 5 years later. Dirt, dog hair, and grime just wipes right off of them. I added the Mopar slush mats which are nice, along with an S-pod and a Cobra CB.

You can see the back of the seat covers here, along with the sub and box. I mounted the amp under the passenger seat. Looks and sounds great, even with the top off.

This is the only pic I can find on my phone that shows the colors of the seat covers.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Following videos I made for the western half of the TransAmerica Trail (TAT) I put together some build videos for my Jeep. You can find direct links to those parts of the videos in the following links. The time (NN:NN) is the start time on that section of the video for the build discussion (prior to that it is about the TAT run). Perhaps you'll find something useful ...
I like your setup and the videos are awesome. I would love to do this myself once I get the JK outfitted like I want. Any plans on attending the Easter Jeep Safari this year?
Old 01-07-2019, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

My 2008 has no steering wheel controls, but they do have a harnass that from what I heard connects them perfectly.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ Quattrone
I like your setup and the videos are awesome. I would love to do this myself once I get the JK outfitted like I want. Any plans on attending the Easter Jeep Safari this year?
No, I've done that in the past and it's a bit more crowded, a lot more touristy, than I prefer my adventures. Hope to finish up the eastern half of the TAT around that time, anyway.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your interior 07-10 ?