Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x3 on the ProCal best little thing iv bought for 150$.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

I know this is a "what's right for me" but what else would I use the pro cal for besides the sensors? I'm not doing any off roading yet. Would changing the gear ratios still be beneficial or what other benefits would I see from it?
Old 01-26-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

Agree, get the Procal and turn off tpms, I did. Tip on the procal: When I turned my tpms down to 0, the warning light kept appearing. Called AEV and they said sometimes you need to disconnect the battery for a ouple hours for the compuer to fully reset. That did the trick.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Urictan
I know this is a "what's right for me" but what else would I use the pro cal for besides the sensors? I'm not doing any off roading yet. Would changing the gear ratios still be beneficial or what other benefits would I see from it?

You only adjust the gear ratio in the procal if you change your gears. If you get a lift it'll help to recenter the steering wheel and if you get larger tires it'll recalibrate the speedo.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

And if you have an auto it'll adjust your shift points if you get larger tires
Old 01-26-2013, 03:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do the Rubi wheels have the TPMS or not ?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Do the Rubi wheels have the TPMS or not ?
Yes they did/do... The had obviously the 2013 sensors but then they tried to put in different ones and still can't get them to program. The manager has a buddy at the jeep dealership so I will be making a trip out there tomorrow morning to see if they can fix the programming problem. Now I'm thinking I will just get the tires and no lift since I don't go off road with her yet, but am curious about rubbing with my flares. The consensus is saying that one will be fine as long as you have the flat flares, but I have the bushwacker pocket flares and I'm curious if this will be good enough?

Quick Reply: What would you do?