Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

who makes these rails?

Old 11-01-2007, 01:13 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Okay, I just found out that these rails are exactly what are on the Rubicon's now with the addition of the tube side steps. And, these do have a part number and will be available for sale now. I will post more pics on this shortly.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happen to know if they are frame mounted or body mounted by the pinch seam?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

They are mounted to the pinch seam and the bottom of the tub.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

If anyone could grab a picture of the mounting points on the tub and seam that would be awesome. Thanks
Old 11-02-2007, 08:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
yeah, it also looks like the PJ's ones as well..

Do these follow the curve of the body?
i thought pure jeeps stuff had steel that covered some of the body as well?? and i also thought it hasnt been released yet... i may be wrong though
Old 11-06-2007, 08:16 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

These rocker guards look and mount up to your JK exacly like the factory Rubicon rails. Here is a display shot that they had...

Here is a close up of the part number....

Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome thanks for the pics wayoflife. Its exactly what I'm looking for. Not crazy about body mounted rockers. Love the shrockworks ones but they seem pretty heavy. You know of any other company that makes rockers like this or shrockworks but are strictly frame mounted and weigh less than shrockworks?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

The factory Rubcion sliders I had modded by a local fab guy are holding up great. I have smacked them on several big rocks, and used them as pivot points around some big rocks and trees. They haven't dented or bent, only gotten some surface scratches in them. I had my tubing angled upwards some, I like the looks of it better that way, and it provides a little extra protection. I would NOT use them as a jack point for a high lift though, I'm not sure the factory body mount areas would hold up to the weight.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just put a set of the factory rock rails on my unlimited Saturday! They are available. I have a set on order for my wife's 2 dr. They mount exactly where the Sahara steps mount. 6 screws in the pinch seam and 3 bolt into the tub. Weigh about 50-60 lbs each. Hell with all the new stuff, no wonder you need a turbo powered V-8 to move the damn thing up a rock!
BTW....... I like em alot!!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 01:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
For a mild scrape on a rock they will probably be okay. They wont take a hit like the shrockworks ones could. That is of course if they truly are like the stock rubicon ones with a rail added.
I've beat up the stock Rubicon rails pretty bad and they can definitely take more than a mild scrape on a rock. Heck, you were there when I slipped over a foot onto that boulder in Holcomb Creek... banged the rocker so hard the Jeep turned itself off and not even a ding. They're actually surprisingly strong rails!

Quick Reply: who makes these rails?