Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

who makes these rails?

Old 11-08-2007, 03:57 PM
brz
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a local shop weld on some tubes for me. i think they are around $500 through mopar.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doojer
I've beat up the stock Rubicon rails pretty bad and they can definitely take more than a mild scrape on a rock. Heck, you were there when I slipped over a foot onto that boulder in Holcomb Creek... banged the rocker so hard the Jeep turned itself off and not even a ding. They're actually surprisingly strong rails!
My concern would be adding the leverage of a tube to it and then taking a hit on that. But maybe if the weight was distributed along the whole side of the body/pinch seam area it would fare okay.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks WOL for the close up of the part number (and all the coverage) - just ordered mine!

Best price I found was $508 on justforjeeps.com if anyone is interested...
Old 11-09-2007, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
There have been a quite a few of these on display on both the 2-door and 4-door JK's here at the show. From what I can tell, these are in fact factory Rubicon rails with tube side steps welded onto them. And, based on what I've learned from Mopar, I'm going to guess that these will be a future ORT performance part that they will make available to the public.
I have actually seen mopar part numbers listed for rails without the tubes and with the tubes. I have just assumed it was an option for the rubi.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SBlair
I just put a set of the factory rock rails on my unlimited Saturday! They are available. I have a set on order for my wife's 2 dr. They mount exactly where the Sahara steps mount. 6 screws in the pinch seam and 3 bolt into the tub. Weigh about 50-60 lbs each. Hell with all the new stuff, no wonder you need a turbo powered V-8 to move the damn thing up a rock!
BTW....... I like em alot!!!!!
Do you have any pics?

Quick Reply: who makes these rails?