Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who is running the Sprintex SC?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AveryR
3000 vs RIPPs 4000-5000. Seems like we have a best bang for your buck here. . Keep the updates coming.
Ripp has a $3000 dollar kit too. I have been watching this thread closely. The 3k price of the Sprintex got my attention and I was preparing myself to order. With Sprintex's tuning issues,the fact that Ripp has a kit for the same money minus the tuning issues,and the fact that ; although the low end torque advantage the Sprintex is great for crawling and pulling, the low end torque places greater strain on the transmission.
Highway speeds is where I need more power which is where the Ripp shines.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Ripp has a $3000 dollar kit too. I have been watching this thread closely. The 3k price of the Sprintex got my attention and I was preparing myself to order. With Sprintex's tuning issues,the fact that Ripp has a kit for the same money minus the tuning issues,and the fact that ; although the low end torque advantage the Sprintex is great for crawling and pulling, the low end torque places greater strain on the transmission.
Well there are like 5 kits on the market now....so take your pick.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by [NVIOUS]
well popped into Sprintex HQ here in Perth, Australia - and want to say they were EXTREMELY helpfull. Specially considering I had bought the jeep off someone else who had bought their kit & installed it himself. I had a couple issues & they were more than happy to address them free of charge. As it was one of their first released models they stripped the blower & installed revised oil seals & an oil sight glass mod - they said its very important to regulary check oil level, and found no one bothered to do so with the old filler/level plug design.

As for someone mentioning us Aussies running the HT tuners, Sprintex gave me a new Diablo with an updated tune to replace my old HT unit. I've only had it for a day so far so can't comment on any changes over the old HT tune yet. They've taken a log & sent it off to RPM for some fine tuning & I should have that installed soon hopefully.

They didnt have a prototype of the stg 2 upgrade at their workshop, but he showed me a new Toyota 86 they just put a kit on, it had the same heat exchanger setup with a small elec. water pump they plan on using for the JK's, looked nice.
Wish I lived on the west coast , might see if I can get the sight glass fitted by the guys who installed mine in Melbourne
Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sight glass would be nice. Wonder if they will be offering it here in the states? Someone needs to post a picture of it.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default ok

There is NO tuning issue with the Hypertech, which works fine on the 2010. Low end torque is also better for highway driving. I don't drive at 5000 rpms on the highway.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmm I feel ya on that. Why wouldn't you just agree with me to make my decision easier. You must be an underground RIPP representative.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AveryR
Hmmm I feel ya on that. Why wouldn't you just agree with me to make my decision easier. You must be an underground RIPP representative.
Haha I wish I was. My JK would already be supercharged. To be honest, I am really not dissatisfied with my JK's power. I still have some other things I want to do with my Jk before supercharging, so I am just waiting it out. The Sprintex looks like a very nice unit. If my timing works out just right, Sprintex will have eliminated the tuning kinks around the time my other mods are done, my warranty is up, and my JK is paid off.

Last edited by LidLess07X; 01-30-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Heavyd17
There is NO tuning issue with the Hypertech, which works fine on the 2010. Low end torque is also better for highway driving. I don't drive at 5000 rpms on the highway.
How is your gas mileage with the HT tune? auto or 6spd?
Old 01-30-2013, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default mileage

Originally Posted by time2eat
How is your gas mileage with the HT tune? auto or 6spd?
I have the 6 spd with 35's 4:10 gears. I am averaging 14L/100km doing 120 km/hr
Old 01-30-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

So what defines high rpms? I try to keep mine between 2000 and 3000.

Quick Reply: Who is running the Sprintex SC?