Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Who is running the Sprintex SC?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first day of install didnt go too bad. i ripped a spark plug wire boot, so i will have a pick one up in the morning. i also am going to pick up a new bolt for the pulley. the bolt that came with kit appears to be too long. it bottoms out in block with a half an inch to go.
so about 6 hours today and i am guessing 4 hours tomorrow.
i am ready to get this thing out and see if it going to be worth the $ and time.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deli152
first day of install didnt go too bad. i ripped a spark plug wire boot, so i will have a pick one up in the morning. i also am going to pick up a new bolt for the pulley. the bolt that came with kit appears to be too long. it bottoms out in block with a half an inch to go.
so about 6 hours today and i am guessing 4 hours tomorrow.
i am ready to get this thing out and see if it going to be worth the $ and time.
Good to hear all is going well. My boots where stuck on pretty good too, so at only 27K on my clock I left them on for a while longer.
Did you install the bolts the right way like I described back somewhere between page 13-16? One is longer than the other and the threaded one is the longest and goes through the pully wheel.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

I am using the correct bolts, the long threaded bolt just seems to bottom in the block with a half an inch left to go.
I dont think my plugs had been changed at 70k miles. They looked pretty bad.
Well......off to the autoparts store.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Deli152 hope you got your install all figured out!

I just got back from a good trip on the highway (60mph and 2000rpm) and netted 20.5mpg avg with the 3.1 tune extremely happy with this and Jon has worked his magic! just around town I'm avg 16.8mpg keeping my shifts before 3000 and trying to hold 1500 around town as a cruise speed. I believe the diablo tunes have now become almost perfect! Everything is smooth and feels good, when I need too I can push my jeep and not be bogged down. This is especially important going up to the ski hill of an avg of a 10% grade for 10miles! Yes it sucks back the gas but it did the same without the sc. Haha

Also I used my cruise control and it seems to be smooth now at 60mph and can avg out a tad below 20mpg on the fuel economy! I have not felt a surge at all with this tune and also when I'm crawling around at 1000rpm in 1st or 2nd I don't feel any surges at that point either. It used to be real bad as a stock motor and no tunes but now it's nice and smooth! As well speaking of smooth when I hit 3000k+ the motor doesn't sound like it wants to blow up either, it is quiet and smooth. I believe now that the 3.8l motor loves a bit of boost and will be better off in the long run!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! If you have any questions feel free to ask or pm me, I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow that is some good mileage you are getting. Is that the display or hand figured. I am still in the 11-11.5 mpg range, that is at 70 mph and 2450 rpms. Jon is working on the tunes and we are almost there. I know it is possible just need to stay calm and keep working on it.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Everything went ok today. I finished with only one issue. The large hose that goes from the SC to the passenger side valve cover ripped. It is an awkward fit. It is running though. The vacuum leak is pretty bad. I will have to see about a replacement hose on monday.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
Wow that is some good mileage you are getting. Is that the display or hand figured. I am still in the 11-11.5 mpg range, that is at 70 mph and 2450 rpms. Jon is working on the tunes and we are almost there. I know it is possible just need to stay calm and keep working on it.
That's display but it seems to be really close to hand calc. Within half a mpg. I'm running 315/70/17 duratracs on 4.10 gears 6spd and I don't get up too 70 where I live because the cops love to ticket haha.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Still that is good, So there is still hope haha. Yeah actually the speed limit is 75 but I am trying to keep some mileage. I know I still really like the sc and it will get better.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

So what's the latest tune out? The last one I received was 2.1.1
Old 02-02-2013, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

deli152, that hose is a bear to get on. I got a new hose and cut it down as the new hose is some what pliable and will help to get it on. What I did to get that bottom clamp on was use a pair of needle nose pliers and open the clamp up and then slide it into position. Just take your time and it will go on. Also were you very careful with the map sensor when you installed it? It is very easy to tear that o ring when you push it in. I did that on mine and had a vacuum leak there. Searched and searched for the leak, finally pulled it and saw the torn o ring luckily the stock one fit it and all is was well. Enjoy the new found power.

Quick Reply: Who is running the Sprintex SC?